TAS FDD FS Manager, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the role
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Financial Services Due Diligence Manager role.
A manager must be capable of handling transactions with minimal involvement of a partner; must interface with client management, financiers and other professionals; know when to seek advice from other specialists and partners and demonstrate commercial ability.
Own your work
- Demonstrates good commercial thinking to understand the client and the business issues.
- Takes an active part in networking events and undertakes a direct approach to target.
- Aims to build a personal network from which to generate leads.
- Is actively involved in marketing events and is an ambassador for the firm.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and takes an active role in cross selling.
- Builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients and intermediaries.
- Seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches and drafting proposals.
Credibility as a representative in TAS
- Creates a positive impact with colleagues and clients, projecting a professional image.
Takes a second level client relationship position behind associate director / partner and can fill in for an associate director as primary contact whilst they are absent.
- Understands the perspective of different clients on the same job.
- Engenders trust and respect from a range of clients by responding to client demands and keeping clients up to date on progress.
Client take on/risk management
- Resolves and identifies risk management issues and applies knowledge to manage site issues.
- Mitigates risk through review and involvement of senior people and other specialists.
- Drafts letters of engagement accurately.
- Ensures take on is completed prior to associate director/director review prior to submission.
- Capable of writing high quality, professionally presented reports, requiring minimal input from an associate director.
- Reviews executives output, ensuring key issues are communicated effectively.
- Seen by peers and subordinates as a reference point for advice on particular technical areas and provides on the job training to executives.
- Demonstrates an understanding of technical issues arising in an assignment, offering potential solutions and seeking advice when appropriate.
- Ensures overall team follows Core Product methodology.
- Drafts fee estimates and budgets for submission to an associate director.
- Updates the planning memo accurately.
- Manages the day-to day aspect of assignments under associate director/partner supervision.
- Keeps partners and associate directors informed of progress, draws issues to their attention and discusses conclusions with them.
- Participates in the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the client and discusses the implications and action points.
- Monitors and manages assignment costs versus budgets, including challenging team member time charged to other departments outside of Transactions Services.
- Ensures all files are closed down on completed projects in accordance with Grant Thornton policy (including approval sign off).
- Undertakes other duties to meet the demands of the business.
Be part of a team
- Organises formal and informal team meetings.
- Demonstrates leadership within the team.
- Training/self development
- Actively seeks opportunities to attend workshops to develop technical and softer skills.
- Demonstrates a clear appetite for self development through the performance review and PDP processes.
- Reviews work afterwards for learning points.
- Coaches executives and assistant Managers and provides on the job feedback.
Build your brand
- Prepares fee estimates and budgets for client assignments and can make and justify any required changes to these as the assignment progresses.
- Ensures assignments are delivered to budget and that any variances are escalated at an early stage.
- Ensures own time is utilised effectively, as well as time of employees on their assignments, and identifies opportunities to work more efficiently.
- Ensures fees are collected in a timely manner and debtors kept to a minimum.
- Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies and is aware of changes in the Firm's approach to risk management.
- ACA/ACCA qualified
Skills to set you apart
- Previous experience in the Financial Services sector and in Transaction Advisory Services
- Managerial experience
- Some experience of client facing work in relevant industry sectors
- Experience of applying commercial judgement
- Developing experience of developing and mentoring staff
- Developing ability to build and maintain a network of industry contacts
- Extensive experience of writing and reviewing reports
- Good working knowledge of MS Powepoint, Excel & Word, internet and email
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.