Corporate Tax Assistant Manager, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Our Tax Team in Leicester is looking for an Assistant Manager to join the team and help facilitate continued growth in the business. As well as targeting the East Midlands market, you will also have the opportunity to be involved in client work across our Central Region.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Assistant Manager role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You will be advising a range of clients; be it privately owned, PE Backed and international groups and will have the opportunity to be at the front end in leading client relations and delivering advisory projects and compliance work. Examples of project work that Assistant Managers are frequently involved include demergers, group reorganisations and M&A tax support.
- Be a part of a team. You will be based in our Leicester office, and also be part of our Central Region Tax Practice. This means that you not only work closely with colleagues sitting next to you, but also benefit from opportunities in working with over 100 tax professionals across the region.
- Take responsibility. You will be fundamental in both helping the team build strong client relations and delivering high quality tax work. As well as conducting technical research and drafting advice, you will also be responsible for co-ordinating wider teams (where relevant) and coaching junior members of the team.
- Build your brand. We want you to be the best tax professional that you can and will provide the support to enable you to develop at the right pace for you. You will be allocated a “People Manager” who will work closely with you throughout the year on various aspects, including opportunities for relevant soft-skills and technical training as well as opportunities for discussion with the Partner & Director group.
The minimum criteria
You will be a qualified Chartered Accountant or Tax Advisors (or both) (ACA, CA, CTA or equivalent)
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- You will posses a working knowledge of the UK corporate tax legislation
- You have gained experience in working in a professional services environment
- You can compile a corporation tax computation and can summarise the key points, including those in relation to the tax accounting calculations
- You will have experience in managing a portfolio of tax clients
- You can articulate your points concisely and with confidence; with both colleagues and clients
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.