Transaction Advisory Services Associate Director / Manager, Open to flexible working
London (30 Finsbury Square), Birmingham (The Colmore Building), Bristol (2 Glass Wharf), Cambridge (Cambridge Science Park), Glasgow (110 Queen Street), Leeds (No 1 Whitehall Riverside), Leicester (Regent House), Liverpool (Royal Liver Building), Manchester (4 Hardman Square), Milton Keynes (Victoria House), Reading (1020 Eskdale Road)
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
We are looking for Associate Directors/Managers, If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Associate Director role.
Own your own work
- Manages situations in order to optimise financial returns for the client and the firm.
- Business development/winning work/selling
- Has built an extensive external network from which to generate and convert leads.
- Maintains and monitors their network using a structured approach.
- Builds a personal profile in the external market.
- Plays a key role in marketing events, originating material and presenting to external audiences.
- Proactively seeks out business development opportunities.
- Participates fully in new client proposal situations.
- Is active in winning new client work, negotiating and closing sales opportunities with minimum director and partner input.
- Suggests innovative selling solutions whilst pro-actively identifying cross-selling opportunity.
- Ensures all public relations on completed assignments is performed.
- Takes responsibility and ownership of the client relationship at the appropriate level in the client's organisation at board level.
- Manages many complex client relationships.
- Ensures client needs are met in a way that is advantageous to both the client and the firm.
- Liaises with the work provider and/or the client regularly and will deal with new work enquiries from intermediaries.
Client take on/risk management
- Consults effectively with specialists within the firm when faced with complex risk management.
- Identifies and evaluates risk management issues and mitigates risk appropriately
- Instills a risk management culture within the team.
- Oversees and manages letters of engagement internally and with the client.
Be part of a team
- Oversees the report preparation process, ensuring a quality document is produced, which is relevant to the business.
- Reviews final drafts of reports ensuring broader market issues are included.
- Manages all aspects of the transaction competently, advising junior team members on technical aspects of the transaction.
- Develops solutions to increasingly complex technical issues.
- Interprets and analyses complex information, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately.
- Takes responsibility for a task and gives direction, structure and responsibility to others in order to get the job done by appropriate delegation.
- Sets the fee estimate and oversees the drafting of the engagement letter.
- Ensures that the assignment is completed within budget and debt is collected on time.
- Leads the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the client and discusses the implications and action points.
- Is an approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and wellbeing.
- Leads, motivates and coaches managers by inducting effectively, giving regular feedback and timely performance reviews.
- Proactively maximises efficiencies by ensuring effective allocation of resource to assignments and providing development opportunities to the team.
- Demonstrates an understanding of how to build an effective team by understanding the components and strengths of the wider team and how this fits with the client and the department strategy.
Training/ self development
- Proactively manages own career, seeking out opportunities to work on a variety of assignments to build on existing experience
- Attends workshops to develop technical and personal skills. Takes proactive steps to develop self awareness and performance (e.g. psychometric profiling; 360 degree feedback).
- Takes proactive steps to develop towards director by understanding the process and ensuring a development plan is in place.
- Credibility as a representative in TAS
- Able to lead and facilitate discussions between individuals and groups in either a client or an internal context.
Build your brand
- Prepares fee estimates and budgets for client assignments and manages client expectations about changes and overruns.
- Ensures assignments are delivered profitably and with full recovery (above 75%) of billable, chargeable time, with WIP write-outs kept to a minimum.
- Contributes to ensuring maximum utilisation of team members and identifies and implements opportunities to work more efficiently.
- Ensures bills are raised accurately and promptly, fees are collected in a timely manner and debtors are kept to a minimum.
- Ensures compliance with, and adherence to, the firm's risk management policies and procedures
- ACA/ACCA qualified
Skills to set you apart
- Previous experience in Transaction Advisory ideally in the financial services sector or professional services
- Managerial experience
- Wide experience of client facing work in relevant industry sectors
- Substantial experience of applying commercial judgement
- Experience of developing and mentoring staff
- Developing ability to build and maintain a network of industry contacts
- Extensive experience of writing and reviewing reports
- Good working knowledge of MS Powepoint, Excel & Word, internet and email
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.