Company Secretarial Compliance Specialist, Open to flexible working
About PwC Operate
PwC’s Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resources and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.
Our capabilities stretch across a number of service offerings including;
- Business Operations
- Financial Crime
- Customer Management
- Compliance Testing
- Change Solutions and Technology Solutions
We have over 2,500 people located in our purpose built, secure delivery centre in Belfast; across our regional offices in London, Manchester and Edinburgh; and on a range of client sites.
About the Role
This role is within our Business Operations team. We help our clients with complex business processes across a number of areas with a specific focus on risk, legal and compliance. Our Business Operations team is a fast-growing area so we’re looking for someone enthusiastic to join our team and help us continue on our journey.
- Provide our clients with corporate governance and compliance support to include but not limited to: the preparation and filing of confirmation statements and dormant accounts, drafting of minutes incorporation of entities, director and officer changes, share allotments and transfers, drafting of powers of attorney, and conducting entity health checks.
- Maintenance of legal entity management databases such as Diligent Entities or GEMs.
- Monitor and track compliance requirements on behalf of clients and ensure new requests are approved and completed within the agreed timeframes.
- Provide regular reporting to each client on the current status of compliance work and any additional services we are providing globally.
- Maintain annual compliance calendars to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Act as first point of contact for client queries or issues.
- Chair update calls with clients.
- Ensure all internal databases are kept up to date.
- Manage the billing process for completed work.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with key client stakeholders whilst also helping to position our services and capabilities across the PwC network.
Essential skills and experience
- Previous company secretarial or corporate governance experience.
- Strong team working, project management and IT skills.
- Experience of conducting quality reviews on work undertaken by others, providing coaching and feedback as necessary.
- Proven experience of high quality outputs and attention to detail.
- Positive feedback in relation to communicating with stakeholders and managing high volume workload for yourself and others.
- Experience of working in a high volume, process driven environment and balancing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrate an inquisitive nature which is inclined to investigate, identify issues and solve problems.
Desirable skills and experience
- MSc Management and Corporate Governance would be beneficial but not a pre-requisite for the role.
- Experience of using a legal entity management database such as Diligent Entities or GEMs.
- Experience gained with professional firms is an asset, but not a pre-requisite.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong influencing, team working and coaching skills.
- Ability to develop and nurture strong relationships at all levels.
- Excellent time management and personal organisational skills.
- Ability to see tasks through to the end and meet tight deadlines, taking responsibility for their completion and maintaining quality throughout.
- Entrepreneurial approach and mindset
- Passionate about client service
The role will be based in Belfast but must be able to undertake occasional travel where required.
What is in it for you?
This is a fast-paced, challenging environment which can provide you with a rewarding and stimulating career. You will work with well-known, global clients and have opportunities to further develop both technical and softer skills. You will be a key member in a dynamic and expanding team, where there is a strong emphasis on encouraging, developing and retaining our people. We have a dedicated Capability and Development team who are committed to developing you and the wider team through structured training programmes.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.