Commercial Finance Business Partner, Open to flexible working
Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
In the role of Finance Business Partner you will become part of the wider GB Finance Team, which is based across both London and Budapest. The GB Finance team is central to the delivery of key business measures and targets across the P&L, Balance Sheet and broader market share. The members of the team are respected business partners to their stakeholders inside and outside of the function, and work as part of a cross-functional team to help shape the future of Diageo GB.
As GB Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for a specific segment of the GB market and are expected drive great decision making with your business partners in support of the business realising it’s long-term strategy. The key responsibilities in this role are linked to the the Dynamic value creator area of the Finance Mission:
- Bring data-led insights – creating winning strategies and provoking great business outcomes
- Embrace a winning mindset – having the ability to act
- Look outwards – always adopting an external lens
- Champion & embrace change – creating value and shaping our future
- Active risk managers – guiding smart business decisions
- Partner key stakeholders across the GB Commercial and Revenue & Category Growth teams in carrying out performance management, pricing and investment analysis
- Provide decision support to help the business maximise Net Sales Value, Gross Profit and Gross Margin %
- Use insightful analysis to identify business opportunities for the division
- Present analysis to the teams and then subsequently motivate the team around delivering against them
- Support the strategic planning and forecasting processes
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- Minimum 5 years experience in finance or similar roles
- Existing capability to build genuine relationships built on mutual trust & respect
- Successful management of senior stakeholders, resulting in strong and positive outcomes
- Comfort with dealing with ambiguity, complexity and working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and matrixed environment
- Deep personal accountability for great performance
- Strong commercial and numerical acumen with attention to detail
- Intermediate/advanced excel, BPM (or Equivalent), CRM (advantage or similar) system knowledge.
- Demonstrate you have mastered the basics in Financial Analysis.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application