Commercial Finance Analyst, Northern Ireland, Open to flexible working
With revenues of over £12 billion, at Diageo, we’re proud to be the leading beverage alcohol company in every region of the world. But our collection of iconic, timeless brands – including Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker – relies on a dynamic and passionate finance team. Working with us is an opportunity to develop your skills, make a positive impact on our performance and protect an entrepreneurial legacy.
As a FTSE 100 company with global scope and ambition, there’s a huge range of activity to get involved with everything from investor relations to accountants, risk analysis, compliance and business development. There’s always a chance to make a real impact on interesting, diverse projects, and what’s more, our global reach creates opportunities to work in a number of countries and in some of the fastest-growing markets.
At Diageo, character is everything. So if you share our sense of adventure, you’ll have the chance to learn a huge range of skills and disciplines, and build an exceptional career with us.
Diageo Ireland is the largest total alcohol drinks company in Ireland. Key brands are Guinness, Carlsberg, Rockshore, Hop House 13, Smirnoff, Gordons and Baileys. Diageo Ireland consists of two channels On-Trade customers directly serviced by our sales organisation and Off Trade where customers are serviced directly and through our route to market partners. The NI Channel delivers c. 20% of NSV of Diageo Ireland.
This position is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
About the role
This role, reporting to the IOI Finance Director with day-to-day coaching by the NI CFM (Commercial Finance Manager), is a critical business partnering role playing a key role in performance management and strategic planning while working closely with commercial teams and the wider finance function.
In this role, you will:
- Performance review - Perform analysis and work with commercial teams to understand and challenge the key drivers of variances between actual and latest plan/budget/prior year for all elements of P&L. Work with Financial control team & CFM to identify actionable insights and partner with commercial teams to take action.
- Forecasting - Support the monthly forecasting process by leading monthly channel BPM (Business Performance Management) meetings to review forecasted performance and partner with the teams to drive improved outcomes. Utilise relevant systems to ensure accurate and timely forecast submitted to BPM team each month
- Strategic planning - Support the CFM in the building and delivery of the annual plan with focus on managing and maintaining the planning system and coordinating the bottom up planning process with the commercial teams to identify sources and opportunities for growth.
- Business partnering – Provide full decision support to channel controllers and their teams and manage/develop planning and reporting tools to support the channel. Support the CFM in delivery of productivity targets, innovation and reserve performance management and partner with the NRM team as required.
- Finance Transformation – Play a key role within the finance transformation agenda, by building strong relationships, deploying new tools and improving ways of working with the BPM Tower, Financial Control, Trade Investment, Commercial Systems & Revenue and Growth teams
- Support CFM on ad hoc projects as required.
- Qualified Accountant and/or Degree level with strong academic record.
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Strong systems skills
- Business partnering experience.
- Commercial Awareness
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage, prioritise and work to deadlines.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application