UK & Ireland Reward Specialist (Fixed Term Contract), Open to flexible working
The purpose of this role is to support the business in attracting, retaining and motivating our people with a competitive reward package, clear and transparent reward principles, and great reward communication. This role does this by partnering with stakeholders across the Diageo business to implement reward policy and programmes, and building reward capability.
You will primarily do this as part of the UK & Ireland Reward team, ensuring consistency and clarity across the geography, and delivering across both compensation and benefits agendas.
Specifically, you will partner with Global Functions (CR, Legal, Sales & Marketing, Strategy & Finance) & Global Travel in delivering reward programmes and will be the single reward point of contact for Global Functions & Global Travel HR Business Partner and Talent Engagement teams.
In this role you will also be the UK & Ireland lead on our employee benefits programmes, which includes leading the annual benefits enrolment process, vendor relationship management and employee communications.
They will also have the opportunity to be involved in selected key regional or global Reward initiatives.
As part of the UK&I team, you will work on reward programmes and projects that cut across multiple businesses with competing priorities. Therefore, the ability to understand how to get things done in a matrix organisation is critical.
Additionally, in this role you will partner with the Global Functions & Global Travel business areas comprising of employees across Diageo locations globally.
- Single point of contact for Global Functions & Global Travel HR Business Partners and Talent Engagement teams. Handles business as usual queries. Will drive change projects related to Global Functions in conjunction with the Reward Manager UK & Ireland.
- Delivers expert support across both compensations and benefits – including but not limited to market data acquisition and analysis, benchmarking, salary management, regulatory compliance, job evaluation, and total reward communications. Will own the benefits agenda for UK & Ireland which includes benefits enrolment, vendor management and benefits communications.
- Provides analytical insight to drive ongoing and new compensation and benefits programs and participates in the design and development of new programs, policies and principles. In doing so they will apply a commercial focus so that cost competitiveness is maintained.
- Delivers the Annual Reward Cycle (ARC) process for the Global Functions & Global Travel populations. Ensures consistency of approach across the function with clear communications. Supports ARC sign off in conjunction with Reward Manager UK & Ireland. Partners with HR Business Partners to ensure a great employee experience during the calibration, proposal and communication stages.
- Builds reward capability in HR Business Partners, FirstPoint (shared services), Talent Engagement, people managers and employees to enable the attraction, retention and motivation of our people.
- Proven commercial experience and the ability to prove that they understand the commercial agenda.
- Project management experience would be recommended.
- Can work well under pressure with a diverse set of stakeholders and to work autonomously.
- Great analytical skills are required and the ability to work with complex data to extract and draw insights and recommendations from it.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver impactful communications materials and achieve clarity and understanding of reward with varied audiences.
- Previous experience in Reward (compensation and benefits) supporting the Europe region would be highly advantageous.
- Advanced excel skills.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application