Manager, Regional Transport and Development, Open to flexible working & returners
Manager, Regional Transport and Development, Financial Advisory
An opportunity to play a key role in our growing regional advisory business
The Regional transport and development market in the UK is rapidly becoming more and more vital to UK Plc. We are building presence and activity in our regional transport business to support the growth of investment in infrastructure and development from government and private sector. This means that we are looking to fill some key roles with individuals looking to play a critical part in this growth area and the exciting opportunities that Deloitte has as a regional market leader.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
You will perform a Manager role in our business, which will involve leading small project teams, preparing advice for clients with support from senior leadership and supporting on business development within the regional transport sector.
Specific responsibilities will include
- Managing small diverse teams on regional transport advisory projects
- Bringing transport sector and / or regional government experience to our projects
- Preparing advice such as business cases and facilitating discussions / meetings with clients
- Supporting learning and development of team members
- Performing account management roles for key clients
- Supporting thought leadership and market analysis within the regional transport sector to support our business growth
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based at our Manchester office, but will be regularly working from home.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- An understanding of and interest in the regional transport sector and local / regional government structures
- Experience of either working on regional transport projects or with transport clients – whether from an advisory, service delivery or technical perspective
- Teamworking is essential, and ideally some experience of managing small teams, coaching and development helpful
- Basic project management skills – in particular scheduling, basic financial planning and maintenance of project files
- Experience of financial and commercial structures in transport and/or development projects
- Financial modelling / cash flow preparation skills and understanding
- Experience of preparing business cases either in transport or regional/local government context
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
For more details on this role and on Deloitte and to submit your application please click the "Apply" button.