Business Transformation and Change Lead, Open to flexible working
The Business Transformation Office (BTO) must turbocharge what is most critical to R&D's success - moving with pace to progress the best opportunities. The purpose of this role is to bring focus and expert external resources to support high impact non-pipeline projects such that business initiatives are successfully delivered and implemented to drive transformational change to R&D and enable our strategy of top quartile performance
Accountable to the BTO Head this role is a key leadership role within R&D, accountable for leading the delivery and performance of pan-R &D, RDLT sponsored transformation programs supported within BTO. A skilled Program and Change agent they will provide oversight for interconnecting projects within a business function or across a priority transformational initiative primarily on the change initiatives but also using their program management skills to contribute and delivery other projects as necessary. This role will also direct externally sourced personnel according to rigorous project diagnosis and capability assessment and liaise with the Operations LT to align on resourcing needs and priorities. This role is responsible for bringing the "outside in" - continually assessing new approaches, methodologies and ways for the organization to flex resources in an agile way so as to respond to evolving business needs
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Drives / oversees the delivery of key non-pipeline projects at the direction of the BTO Head
- Drives the alignment of transformation / change projects that are supported within BTO, being able to identify common practices, efficiencies and best ways of working to optimise project delivery
- Liaises with external partners to source high calibre skilled project and change experts where needed - responsible for all contingent workers performance and delivery ensuring cost effectiveness, efficiency and capability transfer
- Partner with the BTO Head and Operations Performance Center on resourcing and capability needs and gaps ensuring that a service level to the organization is consistently met
- Able to identify and drive changes needed in process and procedures to effectively accelerate change needed within the organisation for project supported within BTO
- Strong leadership, collaboration and partnering with peers as a member of the BTO LT
- Coach/mentor and support other change agents within the business and BTO
- Performance oriented leader who utilises clear and direct engagement with key stakeholders and project partners to manage and deliver high quality outcomes matching or exceeding expectations
- Skilled in project management and can clearly articulate when change v project management support is required to deliver on a project's goals
- Strong team player with demonstrated collaboration skills, ability to influence, and able to work across R&D
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in Change Management, Project Management, or relate field
- 5+ Experience in supporting business focused projects across Pharma/ Vx
- Stakeholder management and change management expertise
- Qualified Change Manager and Program Manager certification
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters of PhD in scientific, clinical, or business-related field
- Proven track record of exceptional stakeholder management along with a variety of different communications styles that will enable them to navigate and manage across R&D to deliver effective and high quality results.
- Ability to identify problems that are currently ongoing or could potentially cause barriers to implementation of the business projects associated with, but not limited to change initiatives
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.