DTC Media Manager, Open to flexible working
eCommerce has been a significant growth channel for Diageo in GB, growing at >80% in value over the last year, the biggest growth contribution to the GB business over this period. This channel is all about capturing the shopper shift to online shopping and driving incremental growth for Diageo through the execution of unique eCommerce activations. With the environment we find ourselves in now, this channel will only continue to become more prevalent and a bigger part of our overall business.
To capitalise on the shift to online shopping and ensure we are future proofing our business for the digital world, we recently launched a Direct to Consumer site, Malts.com and are in the process of significantly expanding this. The DTC media and eCRM manager will play a crucial role in ensuring we consistently communicate with and manage our new and existing direct customers. The value of the D2C is also beyond another sales channel for Diageo and will be a significant data source for Diageo GB to make wider impacting decisions built on robust and direct data & insight.
To win we must combine and use Digital Marketing skills, commercial capability, data and analytics to identify insights and execute unique digital programs/activations. You must be a forward thinker who is able to live in ambiguity both develop game winning strategies and activate them to drive business outcomes. You need to be innovative and curious around the possibilities that Digital uniquely offers.
- Responsible for strategy and activation of paid media for DTC (Direct to consumer) sites, working with the wider DTC team and media agency partners to build media strategy and media plans for the DTC sites across digital channels (search, social media, display, email etc) in order to achieve core business KPIs.
- Drives SEO strategy across Diageo DTC sites ensuring they work holistically with paid search through a media/SEO agency.
- Owns CRM strategy for GB market and is responsible for strategic direction, agency management and activation of day to day email campaigns.
- Works closely with the global teams to develop a best-in-class CRM solution for the GB business
- Inputs into GB data strategy and how we grow and use first party data from DTC sites for activation across GB marketing.
- Drives measurement and evaluation process for media performance to optimise across DTC specific KPIs.
- Responsible for finance and compliance procedures for DTC media and CRM (Finance process, GDPR, Advertising standards, Diageo Marketing Code etc.)
- Drive Test & Learn agenda through activities such as A/B media testing and consumer comms testing
- Collaborates with the C&E team to build strong PR and influencer plans for DTC sites.
- Supports with consumer/shopper understanding through CRM analytics, surveys etc. and feeds into the Shopper Planning team
- You have extensive past experience of managing Media and CRM for an online retail platform. Experience and knowledge of paid search and email marketing are requirements for this role.
- You are a Digital marketing expert who understands digital channels and key digital KPIs for driving traffic, shopper acquisition and revenue in the online environment.
- eCommerce – you can demonstrate an understanding of key barriers and opportunities within the eCommerce channel and are able to use Digital marketing tools to deliver sales.
- You are a strong and effective communicator, able to tailor communication style to different audiences and striving to driving simplicity through clear and concise communication.
- You have strong Analytical skills, you can synthesise and analyse data, generating meaningful insights and recommendations.
- You have agility to work in a fast moving, matrix organisation and the ability to build brilliant relationships to deliver amazing outcomes.
- You enjoy keeping up with trends, competitor activity & discovering the success platforms of the future.
- Agitator, you challenge the norms both internally and externally to drive cultural and performance breakthroughs.
- Relentless in the pursuit of growth. You are passionate, hard working and determined - roadblocks are challenges you relish and overcome.
- Effective communicator, able to tailor communication style within different settings (presentations, meetings, email, face to face) to different audiences. Always striving to driving simplicity through clear and concise communication.
- Famous for making it happen – your words translate into action & results delivering visible impact. You deliver the right outcomes, taking people on the journey with you.
- Team Player, cares about others, able to build strong networks & relationships. Ability to work collaboratively and hold the tension as required both internally and externally.
- Passionate about this agenda, acting as a catalyst to those around you.
- Agile and adaptive, which is key to success in this fast moving environment.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application