Programme Manager, Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Diageo Digital & Technology (DT) is a multi-functional, digital delivery function established to liberate and equip markets to deliver the Diageo’s Strategic Priorities. This is achieved through:
- Putting our customers at the heart of delivery
- World class end to end process execution
- Generating performance enhancing insights from data
- Providing CPG leading digital capabilities and solutions
- Responding to and embracing change
- D&T plays a critical role in enabling Diageo’s digital agenda through delivering our strategic priorities in many areas, including E-Commerce, Digital Marketing, Demand Sensing and Manufacturing Optimisation.
Programme managers are responsible for owning the delivery of a product or subdomain within a Product line:
Programme Managers are responsible for delivering broader business outcomes in support of Diageo’s Performance Ambition. This role will lead the delivery of high complexity business change programmes comprised of multiple projects, work streams or deployments. The programme will deliver significant transformation to Diageo.
D&T delivers change to all Diageo markets and functions. A programme manager will lead a programme with a complex multi geography/ functional/ process/ system footprint, often introducing transformative ways of working for our business. Risk to business operations, change impact, and compliance/controls is high.
Leadership Responsibilities & capabilities
The role is expected to play a broad and impactful role in delivering D&T’s strategic commitments. The role holder will be required to move between strategy and operational details to set priorities for a diverse delivery team to keep them aligned and focused to ensure brilliant execution.
Key stakeholders will usually sit within the business – in functions or markets. Stakeholders and sponsor will typically sit on global functional leadership teams within the organisation.
- Corporate Functions & People
- Insight & Analytics, Data
- Technology Foundations
- Lead programme and project team(s) through great planning, organisation and communication.
- Create collaboration across team members and stakeholders, hold programme team members to account.
- Anticipate risks and issues working with your team and stakeholders. Solve problems as they arise, be the escalation point for risks and issues arising on the projects within the programme.
- Own end to end delivery of the programme, managing interdependencies and leading the team to deliver against the plan and timelines.
- Accountable for a programme with rigorous governance. Establish a clear & robust governance model to drive decisions & outcomes.
- Confirm and deliver the business outcomes, working collaboratively with your team and stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders to manage change ensuring programme benefits are delivered.
- The Programme Manager will typically oversee investment of up to £2m, however could exceed in some cases, and is accountable for managing to this budget, flagging Risks & Opportunities as appropriate. These programmes have significant and substantial financial benefits to deliver to Diageo in direct support of enabling our Performance Ambition.
Plan, Organise & Communicate: Develop and manage programme timeline and schedule. Proactively anticipate impacts of the current and future programme phases. Translate programme plans into business speak ensuring clear communication with stakeholders.
Ownership and delegation: Empowers the project or sub-domain delivery leaders to own delivery status, risk mitigation, issue resolution, CARM compliance and resourcing, with authority to make decisions at the respective programme or project level.
Risk, Issue & Dependency Management: Anticipate programme-level risks and issues, use problem solving and collaboration skills to mitigate risks and resolve issues. Work with stakeholder groups to identify dependencies and communicate risks and issues clearly to stakeholders at all levels as appropriate
Financial Management: Programme manager is accountable for end to end programme financial planning and management. Financial management processes must be followed holding project managers to account with their financial management ensuring the programme stays on track. Own end to end delivery: Inspire and lead the team to deliver against the plan and timelines. Create collaboration across diverse team members with different individual styles and backgrounds. Hold project managers and stakeholders to account, having difficult and constructive conversations where they are required. Influence where needed to move the programme forward.
Rigorous governance: Establish at the outset a clear & robust programme governance model. Use the programme governance to drive decisions, outcomes, engagement and management of stakeholders. Follow the Diageo PACE methodology and work with Delivery Partners including Enterprise Architecture, Solution Execution and IM&S to ensure project compliance in these high-risk areas.
Deliver business outcomes: Ensure stakeholders are engaged behind the outcomes. The team and stakeholders understand the agenda and are clear on what they need to do to deliver against it. Be resilient and resourceful, solve problems as they arise.
Manage Change: Understand the wider impact of programme and change implementation. Gain sponsorship at the correct level to support programme implementation. Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure there is an awareness of the need for change, desire to support the change, knowledge and ability to receive the change and that stakeholders have a plan to make the change stick and deliver the project benefits.
Vendor Management: Work with vendors to develop and deliver project solutions, ensure adherence to Diageo compliance standards.
- 10+ Years project delivery experience
- Proven experience and success of delivering large complex Global projects or programmes with multi-million pound budget
- Skills in: Stakeholder Management, Influencing, Communication, Negotiation, Financial Management, Risk & Issue Management, Planning, Critical Thinking, Coaching and Leadership, Vendor Management, Conflict Management, Agile
- Key Competencies: Communication, Problem Solving, Coaching, Delivery Focus, Customer Focus, Influencing, Collaboration, Critical Thinking & Analysis, Stakeholder management, Continuous Improvement, Strategic Thinking and Implementation
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application