Civil Engineer (Platform Equipment Lead) - Part time, job share, full time
7 days left
- Contract Type
Full Time, Part Time or a Job Share
GlaxoSmithKline is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to support our purpose to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together.
We are undergoing an exciting period of change at Ware. Reporting to the Operational Engineering Manager, the role holder will be accountable to the Engineering Duty Holder for the safety and compliance of site civil infrastructure including a variety of office, laboratory and pharmaceutical manufacturing Buildings, Structures, Drainage, Roads. We are looking for an experienced civil or structural engineer, professionally qualified with ICE, ISE or similar professional body to join our engineering team.
The role exists to deliver professional engineering expertise as a single point of leadership to ensure the demonstrated design, installation and management of asset performance is maintained and continuously improved during the operational life cycle of the Ware Campus. The role requires application of specialist civil engineering knowledge to act as the technical authority and subject matter expert for changes to safety systems, maintenance life plans and performance improvements for utilities and facilities across the campus.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Ensuring all facility maintenance is compliant to current regulations, with focus on delivering a comprehensive through life asset management plan.
- Ownership of the relevant sections of the Facility Investment Plan for Capital investment planning.
- Leading the review of design information and liaising with designers or trade contractors on works. Interpreting as-built surveys/installations prior to construction.
- Act as the Engineering Technical Authority for Civils Works on site.
Key Behaviours and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ownership of relevant engineering standards
- Generating technical improvements and project proposals, designs and plans which are technically sound and give optimum investment value and ownership of the delivery of those planned engineering works using aligned resource from embedded service partners and trusted contractors
- Lead complex problem solving and investigations for major issues that cannot be resolved by the operational teams. Working with stakeholders from across the campus to identify root cause, use engineering judgement to analyse risk and identify corrective and preventative actions.
- Contribute to platform Community of Practice and cross-site working, where appropriate lead projects and support platform development work to deliver platform aligned activity in support of business objectives
- Support major capital projects to deliver robust facilities and utilities. Drive innovation within those standardised platform areas for business improvement
- Establishing necessary communication and interaction between interdependent platforms at Ware in order to drive coordination, performance improvement and standardization.
- Ensuring the correct skills and knowledge are developed and aligned with Engineering Strategic Workforce Plan to improve capability and knowledge within the wider engineering team.
- Developing and maintain good working relationships with third party service partners, external specialist companies and equipment suppliers engaged to deliver projects or provide service.
- Provide input or advice for the development of Facilities master plan and associated capital budgets.
We are committed to ensuring our engineering team at Ware is inclusive and diverse and that everyone is able to achieve their full potential. We are open to this role being filled on a Full Time, Part Time or by Job Share basis. Please indicate in your covering letter if this is something you would like to discuss this further.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 2nd August 2021 (COB)
When applying for this role, please use your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role (as outlined in the job requirements above). The information that you provide in your CV will be used to assess your application.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Chartered Engineer with relevant experience managing an estate of complex infrastructure
- Working experience in highly regulated operational engineering environments
- Has led matrix teams of engineers within complex facilities
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- BEng or MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Facilities and Laboratories and risk management approaches
- Project management experience and knowledge
- Participating in cross-functional improvement activities teams and co-operating with other functions
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing. Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.