Director, Product and Portfolio Strategy US/UK, Open to flexible working
This is an exciting opportunity to join GSK as a Director, Product and Portfolio Strategy for Oncology portfolio
The Product and Portfolio Strategy Director will play a key role in shaping the GSK Oncology portfolio. This is a leadership role with significant accountability for specific early asset, disease area and external business development projects.
This role will be accountable for and lead the development of pipeline asset strategy, disease area strategy and identification and evaluation of external opportunities.
The ideal candidate can be based in the US or UK and will be reporting into the VP, Early Commercial and Portfolio Strategy based in the US.
As a cross-functional leader, you will work across teams and geographic boundaries to increase the value of the GSK oncology pipeline and portfolio. Specifically:
Optimizing Early Assets for future commercial success
- Commercial input to influence R&D and optimize Early Asset strategy
- Leadership of the Early Asset Strategy Team (EAST)
- Informing early investment decisions
- Lead early stage deliverables of the Integrated Asset Plan (IAP)
Leading the development of oncology disease area strategies
- Synthesize assumptions and GSK 'single-source-of-truth' in priority tumors
- Support prioritization of GSK assets within tumor/disease area
- Identify opportunities external to GSK (ie business development) to develop the oncology portfolio
Leading and/or supporting evaluation of external opportunities
- Lead the development and presentation of investment cases
- Potential deployment to support evaluation and integration of successful business development activity
This role requires a detailed knowledge of the oncology therapeutic space, the drug development process and asset strategy development including lifecycle management. Hence, we are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM or Business
- 10 years of relevant professional experience (i.e. roles in early commercial, marketing, business development, insights and analytics, forecasting, pricing and market access, development)
- 5 years of experience working in oncology across a range of solid tumors and hematological cancers
- Credibility and proven effective leadership of cross functional teams in a matrix environment
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and the ability to create strong working relationships across functions and geographies
- Highly effective communication at all levels of the organization, including the ability to challenge, inspire and influence
- Ability to work as an individual contributor, member and leader of a team
- Analytical skills and the ability to synthesize information from multiple data sources
- Strong prioritization and decision-making
- Ability to navigate complex business challenges
- Ability to independently identify and assess opportunities, mitigating risks and issues
- High-level of personal accountability and able to work independently to achieve objectives
- Post-graduate qualification in the life sciences, MBA, or PM certification
- Significant experience working within matrix teams driving enterprise transformational changes
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Pharmaceuticals - Our Pharmaceuticals business offers a unique portfolio of medicines, including a broad range of innovative and established brands. Both globally and in Belgium, we are currently primarily focused on developing new medicines in the respiratory, HIV/infectious diseases, oncology and immuno-inflammation areas, while also continuously exploring other fields through discovery research. Working in our BeNeLux branch, you would be joining a driven team of over 200 people that is also well embedded within GSK's global network.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.