Operations Director Global Regulatory Affairs, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
As a Global Regulatory Affairs Operations director you will support the Global Regulatory strategy in delivering medicines and vaccines to people who need them. As part of a cross functional team through development and lifecycle the organisation engages external regulatory agencies across the world in discussion, review and approval of GSK applications and maintenance of its products in state of compliance.
The Operations Director role is an independent contributor who will work closely with an aligned R&D leadership team. Responsibilities include driving the implementation and monitoring of the department strategy and operational plans, organizing and enabling the maximum effectiveness of the aligned leadership team and translating the team's strategic direction into a simple, effective communication plan.
In addition, the Operations Director will provide expertise in operational excellence, providing a standardized approach to applying GSK policy, process and enterprise support services to enable the aligned department and focus their efforts on high value drug discovery and development
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to drive key activities and responsibilities as follows:
- Translating team thinking into a sound and effective strategy - business and communication plan.
- Partnering with aligned Chief of Staff to respond to emerging cross-enterprise requests and mandates.
- Aligning activities across R&D groups where synergies enable increased efficiency to deliver department objectives.
- Supporting the LT to build meaningful yearly SMART objectives with aligned measurements and tracking aligned to both RDLT and Operation goals.
- Implementing a framework to monitor business performance. Utilizes position in Strategy Portfolio and Operations (SPO) to leverage enterprise thinking and leverage solutions with broad impact.
- Partnering with Finance, Human Resources (HR), Strategy, Portfolio and Operations (SPO) to generate resource management analyses to enable LT's to determine if highest priority R&D programs are adequately resourced.
- Actively planning and participating at Leadership Team meetings to ensure delivery of strategic and operational line needs.
- Partnering with leadership team to develop and facilitate the execution of the team's culture and engagement plan.
- When applicable, partnering with quality and risk professionals to help translate GSK policy and facilitate risk identification to maintain a quality culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Business such as project management, change management, finance, or Life Sciences such as pharmacology, chemistry, biochemistry, biology, physiology, translational medicine.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience with project management, change management, resource management and basic business planning skills.
- Experience influencing, communicating and negotiating with all levels of management across functional and business unit boundaries
- Experience working in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Experience working with a line or matrix team driving scientific and business performance.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD, MBA or MS degree in scientific or business discipline
- Demonstrable experience aligning, driving and implementing business strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communicator.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity to drive towards clarity.
- History of working successfully independently while understanding who / when / how to engage others to drive business outcomes.
- Demonstrable success working in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.