Global Product Director - B2B, Open to flexible working
GSK Consumer Health has ambition to be the world's leading pure play Consumer Healthcare company. The relationship between wellness and technology is deepening as a digitally native generation look for new ways to empower themselves and their wellbeing. To win in this dynamic marketplace we must a) serve the needs of our consumers in our local markets better than the competition; b) drive growth and profitability through customer and shopper in and across markets across all channels; c) win in the market to influence experts who help recommend our products to consumers.
The goal for the sales and commercial organization is to drive growth and profitability through customer and shopper in and across markets across all channels, while ensuring consistent and coherent commercial execution, by helping the market manage their business in an efficient and effective way.
With regards to this, we are looking for a Product Director to join our Customer Product Family to design, develop and deliver products. This requires us to have a customer first, digitally enabled and seamless experience for distributors, wholesalers, retailers and pharmacists. In this role you will lead the tech strategy and product ownership. You will be responsible for the why, when and what of a suite of products to be delivered.
You will have an agile mindset and have the experience of leading concepts and ideas through discovery, design, delivery and in-life phases. You will know how to focus a team on priorities, when to scale and when to stop working on something. This is no easy task and will require proven ability of leading product teams that can unlock significant business value against a backdrop of accelerating digital disruption within the healthcare industry.
In turn we promise to create the environment for you to do the very best and rewarding work of your career. The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with colleagues across the company. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organisation.
- Create and own the B2B customer tech enablement strategy and roadmap and prioritise building what matters most to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives behind the product. Accountable for the technical delivery of products within remit.
- Set the right product culture within your team and help drive continuous improvement in our product & agile ways of working.
- Bring the voice of the customer into all our work and ensure all initiatives are founded in insight, designed for value and deliver on the agreed outcomes
- Build strong cross functional partnerships with key business stakeholders and business owners. Create buy-in and alignment around key priorities and value propositions.
- Provide input into product design and architecture, aligning across the GSK Tech organisation on standards relating to platforms, security, vendors and delivery models.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Accountable for ensuring all products within remit are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements, data and privacy policies and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products.
- Accountable for ensuring the right service levels are in place and manage change activity, including Software as a Service delivered change, into the production service in a compliant and efficient manner.
- Accountable for line management and ongoing career development, coaching and feedback for GSK employees (~2-5). You also be accountable for the management of augmented/contingent workers and strategic suppliers as required.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience as a Senior Manager/Director of Product within a digital Product environment
- Demonstrated experience of delivering measurable business value through B2B products
- Deep understanding of commercial and sales business processes, ideally globally
- Solid experience leading teams in truly agile environments - releasing new product increments regularly, testing and reiterating.
- A strong technical understanding/ability to communicate with technical and design/UX teams to lead their and your own team through to delivering the best possible products.
- Solid experience leading teams in agile environments - releasing new product increments regularly.
- Understanding of best practice customer experience and with a strong passion for ongoing innovation, optimisation and futureproofing.
- Strong technology experience across desktop, web and mobile products. Experience of working in an omni-channel, data-driven environment will be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work in close partnership with business stakeholders globally, and partner with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc.
- Proven ability to develop others and developing your team to perform to the highest standards.
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills with an ability to gain the respect/buy-in from your stakeholders
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in multi-national Healthcare and/or Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Company
- Experience of indirect markets and working with distributors, wholesalers and marketplaces
- MS/MBA Degree
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Closing Date: 17th July 2021
Why Consumer Healthcare?
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.