Head of Communications, part time - 3 days per week with some homeworking
We are Business Disability Forum (BDF). We believe the 26 million people in the UK and over 1 billion people worldwide with disabilities and long-term conditions enhance the social and economic health of our societies. We help remove barriers in business structures and Government that prevent disabled people from thriving and making their contribution to the world.
We are unique. There are many great disability charities and disabled persons’ organisations. Our niche is our expertise in disability as it affects business.
The Head of Communications will lead on developing and implementing a communications strategy for BDF which increases our profile and maximises our impact. The strategy will raise awareness of the issues and barriers facing disabled people in the workplace, as consumers and in society as a whole, the benefits to addressing them and the unrivalled support that Business Disability Forum offers in this space. You will create a compelling, coherent and consistent narrative that joins up all our communication channels and enhances our position as a thought leader in disability inclusion.
The role is part time, 3 days a week and we would consider various flexible options and we are looking at moving to a hybrid working model as an organisation. This is a 1year fixed term contract.
- Experience of developing and delivering high profile marketing and communications campaigns.
- Experience of working in a membership organisation.
- Experience of developing communications strategies to meet the needs of a range of audiences.
- Experience of developing brand strategies and guidance.
- Experience of leading a communications function, ideally including marketing, digital and press.
- Knowledge of disability and wider equality/diversity issues.
For the full job description and person specification of this role and instructions on how to apply please visit our website below via the apply button below:
- Closing date for applications: 1 August 2021.
- First interviews are planned for the week commencing 9 August 2021
- Second interviews are likely to take place TBC.
Business Disability Forum is committed to ensuring that all its information, products and services are as accessible as possible to everyone.
We are committed to becoming disability-smart and an employer of choice irrespective of race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, or pregnancy and maternity. The ethical and business case of ensuring that our workforce is representative of wider society is at the heart of what we do. When we are recruiting, disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria will be offered an interview.