Biostatisticians - Remote, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
Clinical Statisticians are highly prized and urgently needed at GSK to grow an industry-leading team who put quantitative rocket boosters under every project we touch and transform the pace, scale and success with which our company serves the patients who rely on us. We need exceptionally talented and committed Statisticians like you to apply your statistical skills and innovative statistical methodology to drive key contributions to the development of new medicines and vaccines in our three clinical areas: Oncology, Development (our non-oncology therapy areas) and Vaccines.
Oncology Statistics has a commitment to the discovery and development of new oncology therapies with the life-changing potential of helping patients with cancer, supporting Disease Area Strategy, Medical Market Access and our clinical development programs in four key areas of cancer research: Immuno-Oncology, Oncology Cell & Gene Therapy, Synthetic Lethality and Cancer Epigenetics.
Development Statistics is proud to support drug development efforts in Immunology, Hepatology and Gastro-intestinal, Respiratory, Speciality (which ranges from neurological conditions such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's to heart disease and bacterial infections), HIV, Global Health (which covers infectious diseases like malaria and TB that impact the developing world) and - most recently - in the fight to treat the COVID-19 pandemic.
Vaccines Statisticians are at the forefront of transformations in the vaccines industry to combat the spread of infectious diseases and treat chronic conditions to the benefit of millions of people worldwide.
Supporting all phases of vaccines development, Vaccines Statistics is a highly effective and influential strategic partner consisting of five groups: Clinical Assay Statistics , Early and Exploratory Clinical Statistics , and three Clinical and Epidemiological Statistics groups aligned to the Global Vaccines Research and development Centres in Belgium , Italy and the US .
Join our team of industry-leading experts in data analysis and methodologic research in embedding quantitative decision-making in order to take smart risks and improve the probability of study and program success. Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians collaborate across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support. We have individual contributor career opportunities across a range of experience levels from entry-level to industry-experienced biostatisticians.
US Hiring Locations : Collegeville, PA, Rockville, MD and Waltham, MA
UK Hiring Locations : Stevenage, GSK House (Brentford)
EU Hiring Locations: Wavre, Belgium; Siena, Italy (for Vaccines' opportunities only); Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Remote Working : A variety of flexible working arrangements are available
- Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies.
- Influencing clinical development plans, regulatory and commercial strategies.
- Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners to meet business needs.
- Identifying, developing, and implementing novel statistical methodologies in support of medicines and vaccines development.
- Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians have the opportunity to work across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support.
- MS in statistics or related field
- Practical understanding of statistical modelling and its application to real world clinical problems
- Track record of strong performance in an academic or industry setting
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team setting
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- PhD in Statistical discipline
- 1+ years of relevant experience as a statistician in a clinical trial setting in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Experience with Bayesian methods
- Expertise and practical application in multiple statistical methodologies
- Therapy area expertise, depending on role
- Capable of applying innovative statistical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with;
- Capability in building and maintaining strong working relationships in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical colleagues.
- Strong influencing skills applied effectively across functions and levels of an organization
- Track record of strong statistical contributions and accomplishments in clinical drug development, with a broad knowledge of all phases of drug development (pre-clinical; Phase I-IV).
- Experience of working with and coordinating the work of CROs.
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose - along with our goal of being one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies - helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we're all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations , it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.