Senior Manager, Product Owner, PostgreSQL DB/Open Source, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
Do you have extensive PostgreSQL experience and would like to contribute to the strategical solutions of the GSK Business Units?
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
As a Product Owner, PostgreSQL DB, you will ensure that the PostgreSQL design, development and currency of the database software is aligned with the needs of the GSK Business Units. The position will develop along with the Database Architect the strategies for PostgreSQL that will be used by the business unit along with new demand from them. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate sound technical capability allied to strong communication skills to design and describe globally capable solutions.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Develop and execute strategies to maintain and improve the PostgreSQL services provided to GSK. Ensure database service solutions are compliant with GSK standards and policies, required technical and support documentation is created, and audit readiness is maintained.
- Engage with GSK business areas to ensure new services/capabilities are aligned with changing business requirements, including external partners and off-prem hosted database solutions.
- Interface and ensure alignment with other Core Tech teams on emerging technologies for database, compute, storage, data protection and disaster/recovery infrastructure.
- Responsible for vendor relationships, License and capacity management.
- Direct the development of requirements, designs, installation kits and configuration management solutions for server, virtualization, storage and data protection infrastructure that support the database services.
- Drive currency by developing roadmaps and ensuring upgrades and patching of the database services software and it's dependent server/storage infrastructure. Work with delivery teams to incorporate changes into the release process.
- Develop Design documents as needed to support strategies
- Develop PostgreSQL in the cloud service to align with the goals of cloud first initiatives
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology
- 3+ years extensive knowledge of PostgreSQL database technologies as well as supporting infrastructure such as networks , servers and storage.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated ability to design scalable technology solutions effectively in a complex global enterprise
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of enterprise-wide solutions
- Demonstrated experience in working with IT service owners and 3rd Party solution providers to develop service or improve process performance.
- Demonstrated ability for sound judgment with strong emphasis on quality, cost and service improvement
- Previous demonstratable experience in the design, delivery and execution of automated and self-service large-scale database solutions that have a global internal and external audience
- Deep knowledge of enterprise compute, storage and database infrastructure solutions.
- Performs a broad range of activities without guidance, with significant personal autonomy, delivering sustainable value-added outcomes in a range of contexts.
- Proven ability to map business requirements to technical solutions
- Demonstrated process and service improvement skills
- Ability to lead teams and develop others (e.g. mentoring and coaching others)
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.