Technical Engineer, Open to flexible working
Are you looking for an opportunity to enhance your project management expertise within a cutting edge global environment? If so, this Technical Engineer role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Technical Engineer you will deliver a risk management and risk based assessment strategies for the implementation of predictive maintenance programs for the GSK WREF. This role will support WREF's global sites and service owner stakeholders by analyzing information in historical trends to drive ongoing improvements in reliability, efficiency, and performance of physical assets.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Implement the WREF Risk Based Implementation (RBI) program for the inspection of infrastructure support assets and systems
- Provide technical and organizational support to drive equipment reliability and performance improvement and implement systems and best practices to achieve continuous improvement (Pressure Systems Safety Regulations, Condition Based Monitoring, Risk Based Inspection)
- Responsible for oversight of forecasting processes for various facilities, maintenance, and technical teams
- Develop risk management plans on predictive maintenance programs to anticipate reliability and non-reliability risks that impact plant operations
- Create engineering solutions for repetitive failures to control cost and output quality
- Design asset maintenance plans
- Audit service provider maintenance work
- Improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Failure Detection Threshold (FDT)
- Apply RAM analysis (Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability)
- Manage OOTA Platform used for reporting Occupational Occurrences (OORs), RCAs and Engineering alerts
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 2+ years' experience working in a Facilities Support Operations /Facilities Equipment
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing plant operational maintenance
- Practical experience in troubleshooting with development of engineering solutions
- Strong knowledge in equipment failure mechanisms over life cycles, condition based monitoring of mechanical systems and predictive maintenance techniques to manage failure mechanisms
- Practical Experience in Root Cause Analysis and Risk Analysis
- Experience in Risk Based Inspection and Pressure System Safety Regulations
- Understanding of tank welding, fabrication and inspection
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical equipment and manufacturing packaging processes
- Understanding of contamination detection systems such metal detection including limitations
- Knowledge of cGMP Principles
- Excellent in Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.