Member Support Officer, Open to flexible working
Starting salary: £34,033
Job Level: Level 3, Zone 2
Work Location: Crowndale Centre, 218 Eversholt Street, Camden Town NW1 1BD (Home working arrangements currently apply due to lock-down restrictions)
Hours per week: 36 hours per week
Contract Type: 12 month Fixed Term/Secondment
Closing Date: Thursday 22 July 2021, 23:59
Interviews to be held: Week beginning 2nd August 2021 ( subject to change)
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Camden is changing on the inside to make life better for everyone. Because we’re not just home to the UK’s fast-growing economy. We’re home to the most important conversations happening today. And we’re making radical social change a reality, so that nobody gets left behind. We are seeking three highly motivated, proactive and exceptionally well-organised Member Support Officers.
A high-performance culture is essential to the delivery of first-class services to our residents and customers. We recognise and reward high performance and salary progression is based on individual performance.
Law and Governance job family are looking to recruit Member Support Officer to work as a part of a team of staff within Business Support providing support to the council and its leadership.
As part of Business Support these roles provide support to council Members in delivering their community leadership role and in undertaking their duties as ward councillors as well as supporting the council in delivering a range of strategic functions. A substantial focus of these roles will be to assist councillors with their casework, logging and monitoring but also drafting correspondence and problem-solving more complex cases.
The team operates generically and therefore a range of other activities fall within the remit of the role including community engagement and consultation, research and data analysis, policy development, performance management, service improvement, equalities, and members/public enquires.
You will also need to demonstrate the ability to work sensitively in a political context, dealing with elected Members and confidential matters.
We are seeking candidates that can be flexible in their approach, adapt to meeting the needs of an individual or situation and who can switch focus in line with changing circumstances.
Candidates must also have an understanding of the role and functions of local government and the respective roles of officers and Members.
- Understanding of the role and functions of local government and the respective roles of officers and Members and experience of working in a political environment
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with colleagues across the Council and partners, to achieve outstanding results
- Experience of delivering high quality, customer-focused services that meet the needs of a elected Members (or a leadership team) to help them carry out their roles effectively (e.g diary management, document preparation for meetings, following up on outstanding items / actions etc.)
- Ability to provide a frontline customer service, handling sensitive case enquires on behalf of elected members
- Experience of maintaining a pro-active awareness of wider developments affecting the provision of public services; using this knowledge to inform your daily tasks and policy development
- Ability to research and analyse issues / data from different perspectives and obtain all relevant information before taking action or making recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in a fast changing and dynamic working environment
Working for Camden
We’re ready to welcome your ideas, your views, and your rebellious spirit. Help us redefine our corporate services, and we’ll redefine what a career can be.
At Camden, you’ll receive a host of benefits as well as joining a flexible working employer.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.