D&A Data Quality, Standards and Architecture Director, Open to flexible working
We need someone to provide leadership in architectural planning while driving solutions across multiple domains and solution areas, contributing to the future success of the business through innovations in technology? If so, the Data Quality Standards Architecture Director might be the position for you! With GSK's ambition to become an organisation that fully exploits data and Analytics successfully, this role makes sure that Data is effectively made accessible and available for current and future analytics ambition by establishing standards/patterns for technology usage to return maximum investment in this area.
The Data Quality Standards Architecture Director defines, builds and maintains target architectures, technical standards and data management approaches that enable maximum benefit to be acquired. The role will define, create and drive uptake of standards and services to ensure all aspects of data provisioning and utilisation in analytics delivers value in alignment with business objectives.
You will get an opportunity to lead on the following business critical aspects:
- Accountable for leading and delivering multiple high-profile projects across multiple sites with Accountable for defining Data utilisation architecture for analytics with Pharma Supply Chain Tech D&A
- Defining the target architecture that represents how PSC Tech D&A will utilise Code Orange v2.0 and its own mesh node architecture
- Establish collaboratively the key capabilities which promote the use of standardised data including ongoing governance.
- Defines and drives the reuse of standards or established/provided services which utilise or operate within CO v2.0 Mesh framework for benefit of PSC.
- Collaborate and connect with other architects and technical SME's with PSC Tech and in the wider GSK Tech to develop and drive the adoption of standards, actively educating key partners
- Maintain the approval board for individual product data and analytics solution architectures, ensuring they align to the overall intention and standards that have been created.
- Works closely with others in D&A to tracks gaps, deviations and exceptions to the defined target architectures, periodically revisiting those architecture to ensure they are still viable and delivering the desired business value for data and analytics.
- Guides and educates 3rd party partners, ensuring product designs are aligned to plan
- Seeks to innovate within the defined constraints of GSK preferred technology, bringing sustainable value for PSC business
- Acts as an architecture and design authority for delivery projects e.g. to provide guidance, direction and assurance. Also chairs architecture/design review boards during the project delivery assurance process.
- Working with project delivery lead, will be responsible for development and delivery common data models.
To be successful in this critical role you will require:
- A degree in Engineering or other scientific/technical subject area along with a significant knowledge of analytic systems development, computer/cloud architecture and data science approaches, methods and tools
- Management of Data at an organisational level together with solid practical experience of implementing successful sophisticated analytics solutions using new and innovative technologies
- Proven capability of leading teams of multi-disciplined specialists, both in a direct report and matrix teams
- Good technical foundation with a wide breadth and depth of technical knowledge
- Experience of working within a regulated industry where the architectural design and implementation needs to be capable of withstanding critical audits.
- Experience in evaluating technologies and solutions and development of a business/benefits case
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.