Director, Global Treasury Consulting (GTC), Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
In preparation for the separation, the Consumer Healthcare business are building a Treasury team which will principally be based in the UK, with some roles in the Global Capability Centre in Bangalore. The intention is to have an established Treasury team by around Q1 2022.
The Director, Global Treasury Consultancy for GSK Consumer Healthcare will partner with the regional and local Finance Directors to support the local operating companies (LOCs) of the group in all Treasury matters, including local funding, cash management, risk management and solutions to efficiently repatriate cash to the centre.
Responsibilities include the following:
- To partner with the group's local and regional Finance Directors, providing Treasury support and advice aligned to Treasury policies and the commercial and financial requirements of the LOCs
- Lead the development of Treasury improvements for LOCs, including intercompany loans, bank funding, working capital solutions and financial risk management
- Manage the overall activities of the GTC team
- Work closely with the Global Cash Management team in the implementation of cash management solutions, including cash pooling and cross-border sweeping
- Monitor and manage trapped cash across the group, looking to centralise as much of the group's cash as possible
- Develop and execute capital structure proposals for LOCs
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement within the department, initiating and implementing process improvements
- Support LOCs in compliance with Treasury policies and manage the reporting of policy compliance
- Partnering with LOCs to develop cashflow forecasts and funding proposals
- Provide advice and training to LOCs on all Treasury matters
- Identify, escalate and resolve issues arising from M&A activity in LOCs, including Treasury integration activities
- Manage relationships with key regional and local banking partners
- Keep abreast of financial market developments in key countries, developing solutions for LOCs that are impacted by such changes
We are looking for people with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Financial qualification or qualified by experience (eg: CGMA, ACCA, AMCT/MCT, CFA)
- Experience in building, developing and motivating a team
- Experience presenting to and supporting senior Finance management in a large global organisation
- Financial and analytical proficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable examples e.g., Board paper writing, presentations to senior management
- Project management experience
- A good understanding of financial markets
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MCT (or equivalent)
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships, especially with people in other countries
- Excellent time management and delegation
- Good attention to detail
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 11:59pm 1st August Interviews will take place end of August.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.