Director, Treasury Dealing, Open to flexible working
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
The Director, Treasury Dealing will manage the GSK Consumer Healthcare Treasury Dealing team, which executes almost all of the group's financial market transactions including foreign exchange (FX), investment management, commercial paper, intercompany funding and other derivatives This role is also be responsible for development of GSK Consumer Healthcare's hedging and execution strategies.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Line management of the Treasury dealing team
- Development of Treasury risk management policies and strategies
- Execution of Treasury dealing activity including, but not limited to, FX transactions, intercompany cash management, money market transactions, issuance of commercial paper and interest rate derivatives
- The job holder will be required to maintain, and if required communicate on, all aspects of Treasury dealing policies, procedures, processes and project activities, responding to questions and giving advice as appropriate
- Manage the daily FX exposure arising in In-House Cash (IHC). This will require analysis of forecast cashflow to propose, then execute, required FX deals
- The Director - Treasury Dealing will have a significant role to play in the development and execution of action plans for large value or complex transactions. They will also sign off any action plan together with Treasury Directors, VP or Group Treasurer
- Represent the Dealing Team on projects: and externally vis-à-vis the banks or other suppliers (e.g. FIS), and sign-off on system upgrades or similar projects
- Maintain a close relationship with the Director - Operations and IHC, working together to resolve any issues as they arise and to develop an efficient daily process
- Build and maintain good relationships with counterparts at each of the group's Global Relationship Banks (GRBs). The Director should also review analysis of the deals executed with each GRB
- Dealing all transactions in accordance with Treasury policies, with approved counterparties and within approved limits
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement within the department, initiating and implementing improvements when identified
- Be aware of changes in financial regulations and the impact changes may have on dealing activities
To help us achieve our goals, you should have:
- A financial qualification or qualified by experience (e.g: CGMA, ACCA, AMCT/MCT, CFA)
- Extensive experience in FX dealing
- Experience in developing, implementing and operating strategic hedging programmes
- Experience of cash management in Treasury or a Financial institution
- Experience of working in Treasury for a large international organisation
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 11:59pm 1st August Interviews will take place end of August.
Please do take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.