Director, Corporate Finance, Open to flexible working
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
The Corporate Finance Director will work with the VP Corporate Finance to develop and execute GSK Consumer Healthcare's financing strategy. The successful applicant will be responsible for the maintenance of GSK CH's external bank facilities and bond issuance programmes by leading projects to update and renew these as appropriate. Working closely with the VP Corporate Finance, you will manage, analyse and implement policies and strategies relating to Group net debt and the issuance of new debt.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Supporting the VP Corporate Finance with the formulation and implementation of GSK's funding strategy to include the preparation of Board papers and proposals
- Work closely with the group Finance and FP&A teams to understand and plan for future short and long term financing needs
- Work closely with the Sustainability team to ensure that the group's Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) objectives and KPIs are incorporated into the funding strategy where appropriate
- Leading cross functional project teams for the negotiation and update of external funding facilities and other documentation, including the GSK Consumer Healthcare RCFs, EMTN programme and US Shelf Registration
- Oversight of debt investor and bank relationship strategies
- Preparation of materials and input into the engagement required for the management of Credit Rating agencies
- Developing bond issuance and commercial paper proposals, then leading cross functional teams for their preparation and execution
- Working with the VP Corporate Finance on Treasury aspects of large M&A transactions
- Responsibility for the annual update of Treasury policies
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies, processes, procedures or regulations (e.g., Sarbox, audit committee paper, covenants)
- Track the latest developments in the global financial markets including loans, debt capital markets and related regulatory developments
- Line management for a Treasury Analyst - Corporate Finance
We are looking for people with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Financial qualification or qualified by experience (eg: CGMA, ACCA, AMCT/MCT, CFA)
- Relevant Treasury experience, particularly of raising debt and managing debt issuance programs
- Financial and analytical proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable examples e.g., Board paper writing
- Project management experience
- Legal negotiation skills
- A good understanding of financial markets, particularly the debt capital markets
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Good attention to detail
- Good time management and delegation
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 11:59pm 1st August Interviews will take place end of August.
Please do take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.