Director, Corporate Insurance & Risk Management (CIRM), Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
The Director, Corporate Insurance & Risk Management (CIRM) will operate a centralized approach to the management of its key insurance and loss prevention programmes, including developing and delivering the insurance budget. This role will manage the ongoing evolution of the insurance strategy and maintain key internal and external relationships alongside management of the corporate insurance and risk management team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop strategy to ensure the insurance structure and role of the captive continues to align to key operational risks and GSK CH's financial objectives. This includes the ongoing review of a captive insurer and required re-insurance strategies
- Develop and implement the governance and oversight required for the key insurance and loss prevention and reporting activities for all the insurance programmes required for compliance with the Insurance Act, BEPS requirements, insurance policy documentation and GSK CH policies and procedures
- Continued updating and development of the Enterprise Risk Management model to ensure continued alignment and cross functional engagement for purpose of viability statement, key risk and loss prevention evaluation
- Oversight of the annual renewals process, claims management and reporting, and loss prevention activities
- Manage and oversee all broker and insurer relationships to ensure performance against service level agreements and alignment to the insurance strategy
- Represent the CIRM team with key internal partners to include senior business and functional heads, the Treasury Management Group, the Captive Board and business and corporate risk management boards
- Successfully lead, coordinate and navigate the settlement of material claims impacting any group companies
- Develop and communicate the corporate insurance budget to include the required corporate, UK, US and local operating company approvals
We are looking for people with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Financial qualification or qualified by experience (eg: CGMA, ACCA, AMCT/MCT, CFA)
- Experience in building, developing and motivating a team
- Experience presenting to and supporting senior Finance management in a large global organisation
- Financial and analytical proficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable examples e.g., Board paper writing, presentations to senior management
- Project management experience
- A good understanding of insurance markets
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- CIMA or equivalent
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships, across different functions and different countries
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent time management and delegation
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 11:59pm 1st August Interviews will take place end of August.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.