Commercial Finance Business Partner, J&B Ventures Open to flexible working
Justerini & Brooks (J&B) Ventures is a newly formed business unit, within Justerini & Brooks (Fine Wines & Whisky Merchants), part of Diageo. Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. Diageo's culture is built and maintained by the five values that underpin its business and guide how Diageo works. At Diageo, employees are passionate about its customers and consumers and want to be the best. They give each other the freedom to succeed and value each other. Employees work hard so they can be proud of what they do and how they do it. While Diageo moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, its values remain consistent. Diageo wants that employees live these values every day, everywhere so that Diageo can be proud of what they do and be the best that they can be.
Do you have an entrepreneurial mind-set and are interested in building new to market brands? Could you get involved in thinking strategically about the best way to launch newly acquired brands to accelerate customer and consumer reach and deliver strong business growth? We are looking for enthusiastic, innovative and proactive people to join our J&B Ventures team, to shape the future for new brands and deliver our growth ambition.
The brand portfolio for J&B Ventures will initially include Don Julio, Belsazar, Villa Ascenti, Copper Dog in GB and Santiago de Cuba Rum globally (excluding Cuba). This portfolio includes a combination of recently acquired & developed brands and / or brands that have strong strategic growth potential and are all in the early (seed/nurture) lifecycle stage. The J&B Ventures team will look to operate as an independent entrepreneurial business.
This role will be the commercial finance business partner for both the J&B Ventures GM and the Santiago de Cuba Europe Distribution Manager so will have a GB & global 3rd party distributor remit. This role will also support our agenda regarding the Joint Venture with Ron Santiago de Cuba. This role reports into the FD of J&B Wines & Ventures.
Ron Santiago de Cuba (“SDC”) is a new brand for which Diageo have acquired long-term worldwide distribution rights by entering into a Joint Venture in Cuba. Given that US sanctions regulations apply to Cuba and the need to ensure absolute compliance to these regulations, this creates a degree of complexity and special management of the brand within Diageo.
In the role of Commercial Finance Business Partner, you will become part of the J&B Wines & Ventures Finance Team (part of the wider Diageo GB Finance team), which is based across both London and Budapest. The J&B Wines & Ventures Team is central to the delivery of key business objectives and targets across the P&L, Balance Sheet and broader market share for a fine wines merchant business (global remit), a selected portfolio of brands & business with high growth potential (UK remit) and the Santiago de Cuba Joint Venture (global remit). The members of the team are respected business partners to their stakeholders inside and outside of the function, and work as part of a cross-functional team to help shape the future of J&B Wines & Ventures.
As J&B Ventures Commercial Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for the J&B Ventures & SDC JV business and are expected drive great decision making with your business partners in support of the business realising it’s long-term strategy. The key responsibilities in this role are linked to the the Dynamic value creator area of the Finance Mission:
- Bring data-led insights – creating winning strategies and provoking great business outcomes
- Embrace a winning mindset – having the courage to act
- Look outwards – always adopting an external lens
- Lead and embrace change – creating value and shaping our future
- Active risk managers – guiding smart business decisions
- Partner key stakeholders across the J&B Ventures Commercial & Marketing teams and SDC Europe Distribution Manager in carrying out performance management, pricing and investment analysis
- Provide decision support to help the business maximise Net Sales Value, Gross Profit % and Operating Margin
- Use insightful analysis to identify business opportunities for the J&B Ventures business and the SDC Joint Venture
- Present analysis to the teams and then subsequently motivate the team around delivering against them
- Play a lead role in the strategic planning and forecasting processes for J&B Ventures & SDC JV
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- Minimum 5 years experience in finance or similar roles
- Existing capability to build genuine relationships built on mutual trust & respect
- Successful management of senior stakeholders, resulting in strong and positive outcomes
- Comfort with dealing with ambiguity, complexity and working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and matrixed environment
- Deep personal accountability for great performance
- Strong commercial and numerical acumen with attention to detail
- Intermediate/advanced excel, Power BI (or Equivalent) system knowledge.
- Demonstrate you have mastered the basics in Financial Analysis.