Global Press & Social Media Officer, Open to flexible working
Corporate Relations (CR) has a critical leadership role in protecting and promoting Diageo’s reputation and licence to operate, working to unlock value in service of our Performance Ambition. The work of the function contributes directly to our ambition to become the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer goods company in the world.
The External Communications team sits within the Global Brand and Communications team (GBC), which is a centre of excellence within the CR function. The GBC team is responsible for the development and delivery of an integrated reputation, communications, and engagement strategy and is accountable for: external PR, media relations and press office communications, internal communications and employee engagement; financial communications; global supply communications; Brand Diageo (our corporate brand); and the management of issues and crisis communications.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Global Press & Social Media Officer is a key member of the Global Brand & Communications team executing the day-to-day corporate communications plan, proactive PR, social media and press office plan. Your key accountabilities to include:
- Joint responsibility, with Global Press Officers, for the day-to-day running of the Global Press Office. Manage all incoming press enquiries and manage the distribution of content to the global and GB drinks trade media. Build and maintain relationships with key national and trade journalists.
- Own Diageo’s social media plan, create content for Diageo’s corporate digital channel mix (Diageo. Com/Twitter/Instagram/Linked In) and create quarterly performance reports.
- Work with the Corporate PR Director to deliver proactive PR and generate global coverage for Diageo’s Society 2030: Spirit of Progress programmes, in particular Diageo’s Positive Drinking agenda. Working with both the Diageo in Society and Diageo’s brand teams to deliver coverage for Diageo on responsible drinking.
- Plan and deliver set-piece Diageo Executive level events with media, for example Diageo’s annual media Pub Quiz and Senior Media Dinner.
- Provide effective liaison and management of corporate communications agencies to support proactive PR campaigns and issues management, including sharing the on-call rota with the communications team.
- Public Relations and integrated communications experience
- Educated to graduate level with a minimum of 2 years PR and communications experience, within an agency or in-house within a consumer brand or FMCG industry
- A track record of executing communications campaigns with a demonstration of strong writing skills
- Strong, current understanding of social media and corporate digital channels
- Working with Agencies
- Calm under pressure and can apply sound judgment
- Has experience, or a desire to experience, working in a highly commercial environment
- Has the ability to work with leaders and colleagues at all levels and across functions
- Managing complexity. Ability to deliver performance within a matrixed, complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Strong drive, resilience and determination
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
CHARACTER IS EVERYTHING