HR Manager - 4-5 days per week, with homeworking
Our client is a business who provide educational support to students. Their student-centric approach with passion and empathy for the needs of young people has led to significant growth and with this in mind, we are working with them to recruit an HR Manager into a newly created role.
Liaising closely with the management team, you will help ensure the business achieves its goals by leading on, creating and delivering the people strategy. You will be responsible for managing the full employee life cycle – from sourcing potential applicants to managing exits.
This is a stand-alone, generalist role which includes recruitment in order to support the growth of the business and responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment of staff and contractors.
- Induction and on-boarding.
- Creation and implementation of employee surveys including setting up engagement initiatives.
- Co-ordination of learning and development events for all staff.
- Design of pay scales and benefits packages including the undertaking of salary reviews.
- Creation and implementation of the people policy and procedures (working with an external HR Advisory firm as required).
- Leading on the appraisal and performance management process.
- Advising on employment law matters with the support of the external HR Advisory firm.
- Attending Senior Management and other Business meetings in order to provide input and expertise from an HR perspective.
- Acting as first point of contact for all HR related queries.
- Maintaining employee records including the day-to-day administration of all HR related matters (changes to SMT, annual leave etc.)
- Promotion of equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- Contribution to the retainment of the ISO 9001 certification.
- You are an enthusiastic and organised HR professional with experience of the full employee lifecycle.
- You have experience of the end-to-end recruitment process from drafting the advertisement through to onboarding.
- Experience in HR administration and process management is key.
- Ideally you have experience of a standalone role within a small, growing business.
- You possess excellent attention to detail and have superb relationship building and management skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career as part of a small, passionate and committed team within an organisation that champions flexible working.
Flexibility: 4 – 5 days per week (30 - 35 hours)
Location: Remote with occasional meetings in Central London
Salary: Up to £55k FTE
Recruiter contact: Jennifer Brooks