Manager, R&D Procurement - Clinical, Open to flexible working
As the Manager, R&D Procurement - Clinical you will be responsible for...
Sourcing and contract management across specialty lab and clinical sample analysis categories, including Bioanalysis and Immunogenicity providers. This will include the development and implementation of category strategies; the contracting for master agreements, standalone agreements, and task orders within the categories; and for ensuring the suppliers key to their categories commit to deliver GSK's performance/quality/financial requirements.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Independently manage Bioanalysis and Immunogenicity category strategy
- sourcing and creation, execution and management of global level strategy
- Work across multiple countries requiring high cultural awareness, but operate with medium to lower spend
- Execution of Task Orders to support contracting activities on the clinical labs and diagnostics team
- Works within defined parameters
- Manages relatively small medium to low complexity spend categories
- Contract planning, negotiation, execution, interpretation and maintenance; conducts and monitors negotiations across the applicable categories of spend
- Knows the sourcing group management process and policies; assesses risk
- Awareness and adherence to risk/ regulatory/ compliance requirements
Implements procurement strategies to maximise supplier leverage
- Researches, evaluates and selects suppliers
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce non value add work, inclusive of appropriate buying channels
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- University Degree - R&D Procurement, Business, Finance
- Demonstrated ability in managing R&D categories is required, particularly with respect to developing & implementing strategies, stakeholder management and supplier relationship management
- Demonstrated experience in influencing strategy and managing across multiple geographies and supply chains
- Demonstrated experience in managing global/ regional projects with consideration to diverse LOC needs and regulation (eg taxes, law, regulation)
- Demonstrated experience in contracting and negotiating
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement and efficiency implementation
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose - along with our goal of being one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies - helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we're all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations, it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.