Software Engineer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Will use their strong knowledge and expertise in a variety of methodologies and toolsets to assist with designing, building and unit testing code to deliver products that are fit for purpose and meet the quality standards that our customers expect. Working in one of our cross-disciplinary teams engineers will have the opportunity to develop their technical knowledge and understanding as well develop, practice and demonstrate the workplace skills and behaviours required for this job role. They will also join and attend Communities of Practice, Engineering Guilds and Working Groups to deliver peer-to-peer mentoring.
Lloyds Banking Group, we're inspired by a clear purpose; to Help Britain Recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are passionate about making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. We're on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help to do it.
We're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, culture, and our mindsets are changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're creating new opportunities and products to improve customer experiences for years to come. With our business evolving to more modern and flexible ways of working, we want driven, dynamic and innovative individuals who join us on this journey.
We're looking for someone who loves technology and its application to real-world problems. A 'great teammate' who can establish relationships and work efficiently with others to help lead and deliver high quality technical solutions.
Our Insurance & Wealth (I&W) Labs are focused on improving support to our customers throughout their financial lives, with clear, straightforward customer journeys, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer you'll play a pivotal role in the future of our product development, shaping the way we design, build, test and deploy using cutting edge technology. You'll work collaboratively with other team members, partners and third parties to create empowered teams who are motivated to tackle business problems and realise value to customers.
So what are we looking for in you?
- You will have broad and deep technical experience.
- You'll lead, direct and shape approaches to solving technical challenges and translating business requirements into technical solutions.
- You're a dynamic and adaptable individual, able to use and learn new skills in varying circumstances.
- You'll be curious about technology and understanding how things work.
- As a leader and motivator you'll nurture team members to create a robust team culture.
- And you'll influence positively - demonstrating the right values and behaviours and encouraging this in team members.
We'll be specifically looking for these skills on your CV:
- Solid understanding of the entire software development lifecycle and experience in end to end delivery of software products.
- Extensive experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence, and experience of leading & working as part of an agile team
- Strong software development background essential, along with knowledge of modern software development toolsets including Cloud hosting, Web App development, API's, DevOps Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- You'll also have an understanding of how to design low-latency, high-availability and performant applications.
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return? Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...