Manager Treasury Accounting
5 days left
- Contract Type
The Treasury Accounting and IHC Manager sits in the Treasury Accounting team, within Corporate Services and has a key role for managing the reporting of key activities in support of Corporate Treasury's cash management strategies and be responsible for the rollout of in-house cash across GSK as markets move on to the global ERP platform.
This is a highly visible role at the heart of a large-scale global Treasury operation with the opportunity to interact with senior stakeholders in Corporate Treasury, Corporate Reporting and the Global ERP team and expected to be involved in complex, often high-value, transactions across a range of currencies. In addition to the operational elements, the job holder will be encouraged to manage significant project responsibilities and can confidently advise, and challenge, to achieve the right outcomes for the business.
In addition to the above, the key responsibilities will be:
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of various Treasury entities within a team of two Treasury professionals including an off-shore provider of services
- The accounting lead for the global role out of SAP in relation to in-house cash activities, including providing support and guidance on in-house cash related queries.
This role will report to the Treasury Accounting Director within Corporate Services.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Closing date for applications: 23rd February 2018
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACMA, ACCA or equivalent) with a good understanding of the in-house cash functionality and/or cash management processes within SAP
- Experience in an ERP reporting system preferably SAP carrying out month end activities and / or using the in-house cash module
- Strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail
- A strong control focus is essential and knowledge of the GSK Internal Control Framework
- Communication skills: Must be able to communicate confidently and effectively (verbal and written) within the team and with people in a range of disciplines from external auditors and other functions within GSK which may have varying levels of knowledge and understanding of Treasury's activities and in-house cash
- Ability to work across boundaries: Stakeholders may be based in different locations around the world or within other functions within GSK
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple activities in parallel: The role covers several projects and activities with focus on managing multiple reporting deadlines and delivering results.
Please see basic requirements
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.