Senior Director, Technology Architect - Enterprise Service Management & Operations, flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
GSK Consumer Health has ambition to be the world's leading pure play Consumer Healthcare company. The relationship between wellness and technology is deepening as a digitally native generation look for new ways to empower themselves and their wellbeing. To win in this dynamic marketplace, we must serve the needs of our consumers better than the competition. We have a fantastic opportunity to deliver simpler, more economical services and allow the business to move faster without incurring more risk, this will have a major impact enabling our growth agenda. This role is to support the planning and preparation for Consumer Separation.
This role is to support the planning and preparation for Consumer Separation. As a Lead Architect for Enterprise Service Management & Operations (ESMO) you will be a senior member of the team responsible for delivering platforms and tooling for ITSM/Technology Operations across our Consumer Healthcare Business. The role has a truly global scope and is accountable for the effective, reliable, and efficient delivery and operation of a selection of systems and tools.
You will be responsible for technology strategy, architecture and high-level design across a portfolio of ITSM related systems and tools, inc automation, observability, log management, AIOPs and all ITIL processes etc.
You will be accountable for equipping our Command Centre, Service Desk and wider Tech teams with the digital tools they to operate business critical systems and services.
- Be responsible globally for the delivery and operational management of all ITSM and Tech Ops Tools, optimised for scalability, resilience, capacity & cost.
- You will own and lead strategic relationships with global partners; both in product and service.
- You should be familiar with a breadth of technologies related to ITSM and Operations so you can lead from a position of technical authority.
- You will imbed an automated-by-default and software defined methodology and expect to deliver business value at high frequency. You will naturally & seamlessly partner with security and product teams to maximise the value delivered.
- Own and manage ITSM solution architecture roadmaps and blueprints, defining and delivering an on-going continuous improvement and maintenance programme.
- You will use your deep technical experience to lead a highly skilled team of geographically distributed colleagues and Technology Partners.
- Ensuring the performance, availability, scalability, agility of and connectivity to new GSK CH cloud solutions for all ITSM and Tech Ops Tools.
- Drive a leading technology approach including automation-by-default, software defined and take all opportunities to use infrastructure technology to deliver business value at high frequency.
- Follow product management methodologies with customer & consumer value at the heart of robust design & implementation decisions.
We are looking for individuals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Confirmed experience in systems management/Infrastructure Engineering environment in addition to management in Enterprise Technology, Infrastructure, Hosting and shared technology services.
- Excellent people leadership qualities in both a direct and matrix organisation.
- Experience managing multi-million (£) operational and change budgets.
- Strong 3rd party vendor management.
- Excellent senior leader management
- Able to demonstrate technical breadth across Enterprise Technology portfolio.
- Excellent multi-functional planning and execution.
- Experience with public cloud; design and implementation of Landing Zones, automation & security across IaaS and PaaS architypes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, other relevant subject area or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience of implementing software-defined systems at scale & utilising infrastructure delivery automation technology.
- Deep knowledge of ITSM and Automation technologies, application maintenance & monitoring including modifications, telemetry, observability, cross platform, performance improvement and security.
- Software asset management - Managing, distributing and maintaining software asset inventory.
- Experience with ITSM tools (i.e.:ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, Easyvista, Jira, SMAX).
- Experience with ITIM tools (i.e.: Datadog, Zabbix, PRTG Network Monitor, Azure Monitor, CloudTrail, Splunk, Elasticsearch, AppDynamics).
- Be familiar with AIOps.
- Technical depth will be discussed at interview and will be a differentiator for this role.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Closing Date: 28th July 2021
Why Consumer Healthcare?
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.