Accounts Assistant (part time and flexible)
- Opportunity to join a small, ambitious firm of accountants to provide accountancy (and some admin) support for the Directors
- Flexible working arrangements welcome (30 hours+ / some home working)
- Up to £25,000 FTE
- Further AAT or ACCA training package available after probation period
- Would suit a part-qualified accountant seeking to develop their skills; or an accountant looking to return from a career break
- Office in Wallingford, South Oxfordshire (some home-working possible)
You will be required to:
- Complete bookkeeping for some clients, recording sales and purchase invoices and reconciling bank accounts. To also include the preparation of prepayment, accruals and depreciation accounting adjustments
- Prepare and submit monthly payroll reports to HM Revenue and Customs
- Prepare accounts and associated working papers for Limited Company/Partnership/Sole trader accounts for the Directors to review
- Prepare and submit VAT returns on behalf of clients
- Prepare and submit Confirmation Statements to Companies House on behalf of clients
- Communicate with clients via email, phone and in person where required
- Complete other practice administration where requested.
This is a growing firm of accountants with a small and friendly team. They welcome flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive salary, pension scheme, 22 days holiday and plenty of opportunity for training.