Treasury Operations Banking Controller, Open to flexible working
As the Treasury Operations Banking Controller, you will support the Treasury Operations Manager and manage and support the administration and maintenance of GSK's bank accounts and E-banking platforms. The role is also accountable to lead process improvement initiatives and the rationalization of bank accounts and e-banking portals.
- Oversee E-banking administration across treasury portals for HSBC, Citibank, Deutsche Bank and Danske Bank to include the annual user reviews of all treasury ebanking portals.
- Review current ebanking platforms across the GSK group with a view to rationalising the number of platforms.
- Govern UK and US bank account openings and closures as required and in line with Treasury policies.
- Maintain documentation for Corporate Treasury (Bank mandates, Standard Settlement Instructions, Call Account Agreements).
- Establish and maintain UK BACS monitoring processes.
- Review and monitor bank account openings and closures tracker and verify a monthly update to the core stakeholder group. This includes validating the usage and number of bank accounts to help support GSKs strategy of reducing bank accounts and minimising bank fees.
- Develop KPI's to report on performance of bank account management.
- Support the Treasury Operations Manager with analytics and reporting required on bank fees and interest charges.
- Ensure all connectivity to accounting systems is complete for all bank accounts activity.
- Provide recommendations and overview of guidance and training on bank account opening and ebanking portal usage to Service Centres, Local Operating Companies and Treasury teams.
- Review and monitor market compliance with Corporate Treasury policies as these relate to bank accounts management and to provide guidance and exception notification where required.
- Ensure banking static data on the GSK Treasury Management Systems remains up to date. This includes the review and authorisation of any additions or amendments to the static data.
- Ensure activities comply with respective GSK BPSDs and GSOPs.
- Provide support to the Treasury Operations Manager and team members as required.
- Lead the implementation of on-going or new process improvement projects.
- University graduate or equivalent or experience within a similar Treasury corporate role.
- Bank account opening experience in a major corporate with detailed knowledge of global banking requirements.
- High level of numerical competency and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and experience working with management at all levels.
- Strong IT skills and ability to work with a number of banking platforms including but not limited to HSBCnet, Citidirect, Deutsche Direct and a range of financial systems such as IT2, Quantum and SAP.
- Understanding of the risk associated with bank account management
- ACT Qualification (preferred) or equivalent financial qualification
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.