Lead Regional Fundraising Manager - Job share, homeworking, flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
We’re really proud of the impact we’ve already had on behalf of people affected by blood cancer, and our fundraising strategy seeks to grow our income to help us achieving our mission of beating blood cancer within a generation. The Regional Relationships Team plays a pivotal role in this income growth and the Lead Regional Fundraising Manager will be responsible for significantly growing income across the Midlands.
You will be responsible for maintaining relationships with our current network of regional fundraising volunteers as well growing our volunteer and community group network alongside the line management of a Regional Relationship Manager who will be responsible for their own region.
This is a homebased role and you will be expected to travel across your region (the Midlands), therefore you'll need to be able to drive and have access to a vehicle insured for business use.
This role is a FTC for 18 months (maternity leave cover) in the first instance.
- Work with the Senior Regional Relationship Manager to devise and implement a Regional Relationships Strategy for the region and accompanying plans and budgets to deliver growing net income in line with wider Public Fundraising & Individual Giving Strategy.
- Line management of a Regional Relationship Manager, who will be responsible for managing supporters within their own region
- Grow the number of Regional supporters and maximise all the ways they can help the charity by building positive and sustainable relationships with them
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the Fundraising & Marketing Team and the wider organisation to help drive organisational development and deliver the strategy.
- Engage Regional supporters on building our brand and deliver key organisational messages.
- Monitor and manage the region’s budget within remit on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including proposing effective corrective action and activities when performance is not on track and developing business cases for investment when necessary.
- Build internal relationships at all levels to ensure the work of the Regional Relationships team is understood and actively supported by other teams and ensure that you work actively with other colleagues and wider organisational goals.
- Build and manage internal and external relationships with a view to maximising income.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of best practice and trends in Regional Relationships Fundraising including networking within the charity sector.
- Representing Blood Cancer UK to a range of senior external audiences supporting the delivery of our vision and ensuring that the charity’s profile and reputation are enhanced.
- Ensure all regional fundraising activity within the region complies with charity fundraising law and regulations and adheres to Blood Cancer UK’s compliance standards.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience in one or more of the following: community/regional fundraising, volunteer management, mass participation product fundraising, challenge event management, regional corporate fundraising.
- Experience of strategic planning and budget setting in the complex range of activities under Community/Regional and Events Fundraising, with a demonstrable track record of growing income
- Experience of successfully developing and implementing supporter journeys to maximize net income, average gifts and repeat support
- Proactive working knowledge of relationship management databases would be advantageous but is not essential
- Experience of managing concerns and the ability to influence and successfully negotiate and implement solutions at all levels
- Knowledge of best practice and equality considerations in volunteer management
- Ability to analyse the performance and key trends of complex programmes and produce clear proposals for improvements and growth
- Ability to build, manage and develop supplier and supporter relationships up to board level
- Ability to take a flexible approach to managing a wide and varied workload, prioritising and delegating accordingly, ensuring achievement of targets within a fast paced and changing environment with tight deadlines
- Holds full UK driving license and has access to own car for business purposes
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity and the aims and values of Blood Cancer UK
To apply please for this role please click on the apply button below