Team Leader, Project Management Centre of Excellence, Audit & Assurance, Open to flexible working
The Project Management Centre of Excellence (PM CoE) is a key function of our audit and assurance practice, offering project management support to audit and assurance teams as well as internal projects. The PM CoE offers roles with a clearly defined career path to take people from Associate, to Senior Associate, Assistant Project Manager, Project Manager and Senior Project Manager. This is an opportunity for you to join our team in a leadership role. You will have oversight of a team of Associates and Senior Associates and collaboratively work with the Senior Associates to handle HR and day to day queries, ensuring a culture of transparency where all members of the team feel valued. We foster a culture of continuous development; you will take ownership of the performance and development of the members within your team through motivating and encouraging them to create a strategic impact. You will assist in wider departmental strategies through coordinating and managing areas of our internal operations and work with the management team to achieve the PM CoE objectives, ensuring these fit in with the values of the wider firm.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
- Responsible for the performance and development of multiple senior associates and the junior team members they supervise
- Managing and leading associates: Holding 121s, coaching, mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Empowering experienced senior associates to lead more junior team members
- Oversight and management of team’s workload, capacity, overtime and annual leave
- Managing and monitoring team’s absence in line with Deloitte policy
- Managing teams HR issues in line with policy
- Supporting team’s wellbeing using tools and resources in the firm
- Escalation point for team’s client facing teams
- Acting as a coach for team members within the wider department
- Supporting recruitment of new team members in candidate selection events
- Supporting and implementing management’s vision for direction of the department
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Ownership and management of an area within our internal operations that support the running of the centre, working closely with and reporting to the project lead
- Managing, monitoring and controlling your area of internal operations from yearly planning through to year end completion and debrief
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Strong supervisory and people leadership skills and experience
- A high level of coaching and mentoring experience
- Excellent time management, communication and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity, flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Able to work well under pressure and manage stakeholder expectation
- Able to use own initiative, be proactive and able to identify appropriate solutions to problems
- Ability to analyse and interrogate data
- A good working knowledge of MS programmes
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation. We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application