Senior Commercial Sales Manager - Reserve Premiums (Open to flexible working)
Diageo Reserve is a high-growth business that focuses on unlocking the enormous potential of premium and luxury spirits. The Reserve portfolio has tripled in size in the last 5 years, doubled in the last 3 years and we have the ambition to grow to over £100m revenue. With an industry-leading portfolio that includes Ciroc vodka, Haig Club, Johnnie Walker SDLX, Tanqueray TEN, Ketel One, Zacapa, Talisker, Singleton and Lagavulin we are beating the competition but still only have a 9% share of the premium spirits market in GB, so the opportunities for growth are enormous.
The Reserve team are focused on building brand momentum and engaging consumers, by working in partnership with the very best trend leading customers in both the On and Off Trade. As part of the Europe Reserve organisation, we will look to search and spin the best trends and activation ideas from across Europe to drive engagement and excitement with GB consumers and customers.
The strategy for Reserve GB is very simple and clear and the key accountabilities for this role are lined up against that strategy.
- Explode growth of our luxury brands (Ciroc, Haig, Ketel One, Tanqueray TEN, Bulleit, JW SDLX). The key battleground to grow these brands will be the Premium on trade universe in GB, approximately 1500 outlets. Winning here will lead to wider off and on trade distribution
- Grow Value on Malt whisky. There is huge potential to grow the Malts business through the on and off trade by developing and executing activities that deliver additional value for the consumer, with both Flavour Led and Aged variants.
Working with Reserve Marketing, Culture & Entertainment and the core On Trade team to deliver the annual P&L for your customers as measured by Salesforce. This will be delivered through a combination of securing pouring contracts and delivering exciting and bespoke activations on Reserve and Premium Core brands in these accounts.
- Lead the Premium On Trade team of 9 to deliver against their NSV, investment and profit targets.
- Lead a working day process and an R&O that feeds through to the on trade Channel P&L
- Build and hold senior level relationships with the owners / managers of the key retail groups in your account file
- Drive on trade understanding at all levels within Diageo GB, ensuring that the consumer trends that your customers are experiencing are fed through into brand and customer teams so we are constantly responding to the latest trends, especially regarding the "with food" occasion
- Develop and coach your direct reports to maximise their potential as individuals and as a team.
- Significant on trade experience
- Prior experience of leading teams towards achieving targets
- Commercial mindset essential
- Analytical, systems aptitude and advanced Excel skills
- An existing network within the GB on trade preferred
- Able to demonstrate excellent relationship building and influencing skills across functions.