Senior Consultant, Cloud Risk, Financial Services, Risk Advisory, Open to flexible working
Across Financial Services there is a wave of accelerated transformation happening, driven by the adoption of cloud and automation and a focus on cost reduction and efficiency. This activity is focused on reengineering internal processes and technology platforms whilst also digitising customer journeys, making them simpler, quicker and safer. To enable this transformation, our clients are adapting their organisational structures and ways of working to bring together the capabilities required to deliver at speed.
Given the strategic importance of this transformation activity, many organisations are looking to modernise their approaches to risk management.
Key areas of focus include:
- Embedding risk and control processes in to day to day delivery and operational processes
- Automating controls and associated assurance activity as part of widescale process automation initiatives
- Streamlining cloud governance
- Pivoting to a process led view of risk and control
At Deloitte, our Digital Transformation, Analytics and Controls (DTAC) team sits within our Risk Advisory service line and helps clients with their most complex challenges in this space.
Within DTAC, our Digital Risk team is focused on helping our clients achieve their transformation agenda safely by focusing on three key areas:
- Reviewing the operating model, business engagement model and core capabilities of Risk and Control functions
- Reengineering the design and implementation of risk and control processes
- Defining and embedding a holistic cloud governance model and cloud control framework that enables faster cloud adoption
We are looking for specialists in a variety of fields, with the two primary focus areas for this role being:
Supporting our clients to deliver business and cloud transformation safely by helping them:
- Understand the implications of new technology adoption and agile ways of working on the operating model of Risk and Control functions and traditional approaches to risk management
- Build capability within their Control functions in order to meet the increasing demand from business stakeholders for support in managing delivery and operational risks
- Reengineer risk and control processes to embed risk and control into delivery and operational processes
- Migrate to the cloud at pace with control
Helping the Deloitte Digital Risk team to scale by:
- Growing our team's technical capabilities in your area of expertise (examples include cloud risk, automation, risk assessment, control design and process reengineering)
- Supporting our Partners, Directors and Senior Managers in growing our pipeline of advisory opportunities
- Identifying opportunities for us to go to market with other competencies across Deloitte as a single multi-disciplinary team
- Growing and enhancing your reputation and presence as an industry expert
- Using your network to attract further talent to the team
The key day to day responsibilities of this role are:
Support the delivery of advisory engagements
- Supporting the end to end engagement lifecycle from contracting to delivery
- Executing the engagement approach to achieve the desired outcomes
- Acting as the day to day contact for client relationships on each engagements
- Working with account teams and industry sector leadership teams to identify opportunities to support our clients
- Talking regularly to our clients to understand their challenges and needs and help them shape the business case for change
- Build trusted relationships across our firm to spot opportunities to combine firmwide Deloitte competencies to solve client challenges in new ways
Team strategy and capability development
- Play a supporting role in contributing to the development of our strategy and leading team interactions week by week
- Share your know and expertise with our junior team members to aid their development and grow our capabilities in line with demand
- Contribute to the continued development of our Deloitte methodologies
- Stay up to date with industry trends in Financial Services, the transformation strategies of our key accounts and the relevant challenges that these present
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak with us about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
In order to fill this vacancy we are looking for individuals who:
- Have experience of of supporting teams to deliver advisory work, either in a professional services firm or an industry role within Financial Services
- Want to help scale a business as part of their next career move, and can quickly demonstrate credibility and build strong, trusted relationships in an advisory context
- Are happy to challenge the status quo and apply innovative thinking to solve complex challenges
- Understand common approaches to identifying, assessing and managing risks through the design and implementation of controls
- Enjoy continually learning new skills and applying them to complex challenges
- Are comfortable working and communicating with technical and non technical stakeholders
- Are able to empathise with the needs of stakeholders from different disciplines such as Technology, Product, Digital, Control, Risk and Operations.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with our high-profile clients across retail banking, capital markets, insurance and investment management sectors. There will also be the opportunity to engage with multi-disciplinary teams from across our business to draw together digital specialisms into client offerings.
Your service line: Risk Advisory
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application