Manager/Senior Manager, Technology and Digital Internal Audit, Open to flexible working & returners
Manager to Senior Manager, Technology and Digital Internal Audit, Technology & Digital Risk
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and provide informed and intelligent risk management around business processes, technology and operations. Our Risk Advisory business is expanding as we increasingly are asked to help organisations to adapt and respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities presented by digital technology and the internet.
As technology becomes more important across society, the work we do is undergoing greater levels of interest and scrutiny. You will be given the opportunity to engage with a broad set of individuals continually adapting, learning and developing as you work with various teams to understand and provide assurance over cutting edge technology environments.
You will have responsibility for a portfolio of clients, with real autonomy allowing the development of leadership and management skills with real opportunity to progress and drive your career.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application
Our IT Internal Audit team within the Technology and Digital Risk (TDR) practice offers unrivalled depth of experience in providing audit, governance, risk, control and assurance solutions to client needs, with focus on the Financial Services Sector (FS). We provide assurance over business process and technology controls to manage the risks our clients face on a day-to-day basis.
There is an exciting opportunity for an Internal Audit leader in our practice to work promoting our successful IT Internal Audit proposition even further. Successful candidates will work closely with our high-profile clients in the banking, capital markets and broader financial services sector, which include retail, investment banks, insurance, investment management firms and exchanges.
The Manager / Senior Manager will have responsibility for:
- Leading or delivering a portfolio of predominantly IT internal audit engagements
- Defining the technology approach including technology scope and execution across the engagement portfolio working collaboratively and seamlessly with stakeholders such as financial audit teams and clients.
- Owning and delivering initiatives to embed quality through learning and other activity.
- Building upon your experience and knowledge of the financial services sector to develop insight; imparting this knowledge on your team and developing their capabilities.
- Developing your knowledge and experience of the evolving Financial Services marketplace and underlying technologies.
- Have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to nurturing an inclusive culture and supporting this through your actions
In addition, the Senior Manager will have responsibility for:
- Coordinating FS engagements and knowledge sharing across the wider Deloitte firm and throughout EMEA.
- Helping in efforts to target a wide range of clients and to build client relationships
- Helping to develop our IT Internal Audit proposition and practice, by supporting business development, practice management and thought leadership activity.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London (primarily), Manchester
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your Professional Experience
Significant experience of leading complex IT audits and technology assurance engagements. We are looking for:
- IT Internal Audit experience at senior delivery or lead level
- Experience in Financial Services sector
- Significant experience of assessing and reviewing technology risks and controls.
- Experience in developing proposals/presentations and presenting in front of clients/stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of people leadership.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver effectively with what can be ambiguous requirements or environments.
- A proactive mind-set, with the ability to take responsibility and drive key actions forward coupled with excellent oral and written communication skills to aid effective interaction with senior clients and stakeholders.
For Senior Manager candidates we would also look for:
- Strong background in business development and relationship building in the Financial Service sector with a track record of market credibility and success.
- Track record of relationship building and a strong network in the FS sector
- A technology related background and or experience of data analytics is desired.
Experience or exposure to:
- Areas such as cloud, operational resilience, digital technologies and cyber risk assurance
- Defining and managing data analytics approach on assurance clients.
- Previous professional services experience and leadership of internal audit propositions in a professional service context.
- Broader Internal Audit and Operational Risk experience in financial services sector
Your service line: Risk Advisory
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application