Manager to Senior Manager, Operational Resilience, Open to flexible working & returners
Manager to Senior Manager, Operational Resilience, Financial Services, Risk Advisory
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations.
The services we provide cover a broad spectrum that focus on helping our clients address the key challenges they are facing, including leading and supporting the delivery of regulatory change initiatives across the Financial Services sector.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Deloitte is looking for senior team members to strengthen our Operational Resilience practice within Risk Advisory. This role with see you take the lead on developing and taking to market Deloitte’s thought leadership on operational resilience, technology resilience, cyber resilience and supportive disciplines. You will be providing specialist advice as part of large multi-disciplinary teams working across the broad spectrum of resilience, remediation and regulatory change engagements.
You will work with colleagues in the UK and globally to develop new and innovative resilience solutions and services, and specific industry propositions that solve client problems/issues. You will be expected to take a leading role in building out our resilience practice and its services, including working with alliance partners and advising clients on the current market trends.
By joining Deloitte, you will:
- Work with some of the most prestigious national and global clients to address their greatest challenges and provide innovative and creative solutions to overcome these
- Have access to our broad range of market-leading services, propositions, assets, and our extensive knowledge base accumulated over hundreds of successful projects to develop your career
- Continue to grow and develop your core skills, hone your industry expertise and truly reach your potential accessing the wealth of learning and development available
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working across a portfolio of operational resilience engagements with our clients, reporting to a lead Director or Partner
- Responsible for the day-to-day delivery of resilience projects or elements of wider multi-disciplinary project team
- Leading project teams, you will ensure high quality work is delivered, with suitable review by engagement and project leader
- Identifying and developing opportunities to assist our clients further and establish new
- Establishing and building a network of contacts across Deloitte and peer networks within our clients
- Leading in the creation of proposals and marketing materials
- Ensuring team projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Contributing to the development and growth of the practice by sharing knowledge, setting an example, and helping team members to develop through training and talent initiatives.
As a Manager to Senior Manager focused on Operational Resilience, you will be working on a wide range of resilience projects, often with colleagues from other parts of the business. We expect you to develop opportunities, and lead and manage projects/teams in delivery of client work. We also expect you to be part of growing the services and capabilities of the practice and developing new solutions for clients.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role can be open to any UK Deloitte office. Occasional travel will be required for client projects. Whilst the majority of clients are London based, some time on site with regional and international clients may be required.
Work pattern: This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Professional services experience working as a management consultant, or in-house, with market leading Financial Services organisations in the delivery of resilience services
- A delivery record of successful projects and programmes focused on regulatory change, technology change and/or resilience
- Awareness of applicable regulatory guidance and current frameworks, technologies, emerging trends, and best practices related to Operational Resilience and supporting disciplines
- Insight or opinion of the current Resilience marketplace.
- Proven track record of business development
- Experience managing and coaching others in the development and delivery of complex client solutions and/or proposition development
Your service line: Risk Advisory
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application