Manager, M&A Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Open to flexible working & returners
Manager, M&A Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Financial Advisory
Deloitte FIG Corporate Finance M&A advisory has been transformed over recent years and is now seeking top talent with an impressive academic and professional background to join our successful and expanding team:
- One of the largest FIG Advisory teams in the UK, operating across EMEA, with access to unrivalled resource across our global financial services practice
- Highly experienced senior bench, comprised of a diverse set of individuals from bulge bracket and boutique investment banks and Big 4 accountancy backgrounds
- Significant relationships with major blue-chip and mid-market clients across the banking, insurance, asset and wealth management and Fintech sectors
- Market-leading offering which delivers quality, reliable and timely advice, and an exceptional track record of execution
- Strong and inclusive team culture with a commitment to help people reach their full potential
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The M&A FIG team advises clients on a range of corporate finance scenarios across buy and sell side transactions and corporate carve outs, working with private equity clients, large corporates and private entrepreneurs.
The team is currently looking for a Manager to join their team. You will be responsible for:
- Advising on a range of buy-side and sell-side transactions.
- Assisting with the day to day management of transactions which includes preparation of information memoranda, management presentations, valuation analysis and taking responsibility for the preparation of information and client communications.
- Industry research for both deal origination and transaction analysis.
- Valuation and financial modelling, including Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Leverage Buyout (LBO) analysis.
- Contribution to marketing and business development opportunities.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte London office, however the role may also involve travel and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal.
We specify full mobility for our financial advisory roles but we make arrangements respectfully. Working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- M&A lead advisory experience with direct experience of managing deals on a day to day basis
- Capability to contribute towards development and implementation of often innovative and bespoke M&A strategies for each transaction.
- Preferably has prior experience in the financial services sector (banking, insurance, asset management etc.) and in corporate finance, ideally live merger and acquisitions mandates.
- Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and interpret large amounts of data quickly.
- Client and team focus, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
- A good level of meeting and presentational skills.
- Logical and meticulous approach to problem solving.
- High level of project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to undertake detailed financial/commercial exploration for inclusion in client reports.
- Experience or potential to lead on business development activities and pitching.
- Ability to develop, coach and motivate junior members of the team.
- ACA, CFA or equivalent accounting/finance qualification, though not essential depending on other experience.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application