Training and Knowledge - Technical Trainer, Open to flexibility
Training and Knowledge - Technical Trainer, Open to flexibility
What impact will you make?
This is an opportunity to join a major financial services company within a growing Training and Knowledge team. The Training and Knowledge Team is formed of three teams; the Admin team, the Content team and the Delivery team. You will work as part of the Delivery Team. You will work with a highly skilled team delivering outstanding learning support to all our offices based within the UK and internationally.
You will be responsible for the delivery of training programmes for the firm using blended learning methods across a variety of packages. The role will become integral to the overall service delivery excellence through your proactive delivery of outstanding training for our clients. You will support the training on new technology as the function develops new services and tools to support more than 18,000 staff. Additionally, you will support technical projects within the team and knowledge share.
Training and Knowledge is a function which supports the whole of Deloitte UK and therefore travel will be required to support developing skills across teams in our network of office locations, some international travel will be required.
40 hours per week, between 7am and 7pm.
Agile working available.
- Deliver training between the hours of 7am and 7pm to ensure the delivery team provide a flexible service for our clients and are equipped to provide in depth training and facilitation to all Service Lines meeting their ever-changing needs and requirements;
- Ability to deliver training and guidance on the use of core applications;
- Deliver training on a variety of platforms including e-learning, classroom, 1-1, online training sessions and ad-hoc sessions where required using a blended approach ensuring training is engaging, clear and concise;
- Understand and support the objectives of the Training and Knowledge Team, the Shared Services Organisation and the Firm giving clear direction to the team and supporting them to achieve these objectives;
- Maintaining, developing and updating own technical and other skills to ensure that delivery and content is on-point and in line with new technology within the firm and training is delivered to the high standard expected;
- Deliver training on the MS Office suite as well as other software available to our clients;
- Deliver induction training when required;
- Identifying and supporting cross-centre best practice/training initiatives throughout Deloitte UK;
- Work with the Shared Services Organisation and Internal Client Services to deliver targeted projects including training programmes or rollouts of new systems and products working proactively to deliver to, on occasion, tight deadlines.
- Actively maintain knowledge of new developments within IT Training and make suggestions for possible adoption of new appropriate systems;
- A solid knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010/2016
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally at all levels;
- Demonstrable experience of relating software features to customers’ work environment, tasks, and objectives in an effective manner that leads to improved quality and productivity;
- Experience of data analytics, visualisation and engagement management would be an advantage;
- Programming languages; Visual Basic, SQL, etc. an advantage
- Knowledge of SharePoint / experience of training this or similar platforms
- An understanding of the finance industry, our competitors and our clients requirements;
- Ability to tailor training according to role;
- Identifying and implementing where appropriate, innovative tools and technology which will support continual service improvement and quality within the team;
- Produce knowledge bank articles / newsletters / advice to the firm to support best practice utilising various multimedia and social media platforms;
- Formal qualification in education and or training in progress or achieved is desirable;
- Experience in an IT Training environment advantageous;
- Industry experience across numerous sectors advantageous;
- A solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of Nuance and or Adobe;
- Experience of utilising SharePoint 2010 / 2016;
- A keen interest in training and desire to learn essential;
- Excellent English communication skills both written and spoken;
- Willingness to complete relevant qualifications to assist with improving techincal / delivery skills;
- Good understanding of IT functions and their interaction;
- Ability to effectively communicate key process and technical aspects of role, and impact of wider function at all levels (Assistants, Senior Assistants, Managers, Senior Managers, Directors, Partners);
- Flexible in approach and delivery, with ability to translate business requirements through to successful implementation with demonstrable, measurable results;
- Professional and approachable manner required with focus on customer service;
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative to resolve issues by anticipating, expecting and accommodating change relating to the service and role alike;
- Highly organised, methodical approach with excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to understand and work with new innovations and technology;
- Demonstrable understanding of key Service Management concepts e.g. ITIL desirable.
- Knowledge of the following systems (but not limited to) and demonstrable ability to deliver training using:
- Microsoft 2010/365 – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Visio and Project
- Document management systems;
- Billing and Time recording systems;
- Skype for Business or equivalent;
- E-Learning tool;
- Remote secure access platforms including VPN, InTune, Citrix would be useful;
- Solid windows platform knowledge including XP, Windows 7;
- MACs including their operating system OS X;
- SharePoint 2003 or higher desirable;
- Mobile technologies;
- Portable Document Formats.
You are here: Internal Client Services
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
- Actively contribute ideas for service improvement including new courses, client initiatives, innovations using the latest technologies and continuous improvement of documented processes;
- Work with the Quality Assurance and Instructional Design Specialist and our Key Stakeholders to develop material which is on-brand, tracked for revisions and changes, maintained on our portal as well as supporting blended learning approaches and engaging training methodologies for delivery;
- Build strong working relationships across the Training and Knowledge team and within the whole of Deloitte UK;
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 145575