Consultant, Pension Administrator, Pensions, DTRB, Tax & Legal, Open to flexible working & returners
The Pensions Practice, Deloitte Total Rewards and Benefits (DTRB), within the Tax Service Line is a multi-disciplinary group comprising over 200 professionals - actuaries, employee benefits specialists, investment professionals and administrators, led by seven partners. The practice advises employers on pensions and other employee benefit issues. We are a national practice with a large team in London, together with teams in Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast.
Deloitte has a clear commercial focus. The Deloitte Pensions team is well established and has ambitious targets for further growth. In light of this we are currently seeking new members of staff to work within our Trustee Services department which is part of Deloitte's Actuarial, Reward & Analytics section. The Trustee Services team provide a full range of pension services to a portfolio of defined benefit and defined contribution occupational pension schemes. The successful candidates will be based in our Belfast office.
We take your development very seriously. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and on-going supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. And with no glass ceilings, you will be able to make a difference here by really influencing and shaping the strategic direction of our practice.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
- A Pension Administrator will have responsibility for: Mentoring of junior members of staff
- Calculation, communication and settlement of member benefits
- Peer review of work for junior members of the team
- Dealing with day-to-day queries from Trustees, employers and members
- Project management of periodic pension scheme projects
- Preparation of reporting documents for presentation to clients
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: This role will be based at our Belfast office, it can also be worked remotely.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate
Your professional experience
- To qualify for the role you must have:
- GCSE Maths and English C or above grade or equivalent
- In total a minimum of 3 A levels at grade C or above or equivalent
- Experience of working on occupational DB pension schemes
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, Word and Excel applications
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure collaboration with administration, actuarial and consultancy team
- Additional desirable experience includes:
- Experience of working on occupational DC pension schemes
Your service line: Tax Consulting
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And You'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application