Scrum Master, Open to flexible working - homeworking available
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a hardworking and inspiring Scrum Master to join the Capital & Controls team. We’re a dynamic lab with agile working at the heart of everything we do. Based in our London hub, as a Scrum Master you'll be championing new ways of working as we shape our Bank of the Future.
Job Title: Scrum Master
Location: London Wall office (City of London (near Bank/Moorgate/Barbican/St Pauls). Post Covid we'll be looking to work in the office approx. 2 days per week. Did you know we offer flexible working patters for example flexible start and finish times or compressed hours.
We're on a journey to build the bank of the future, and we need your help. We're continuing our extensive transformation Programme, redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Become part of our diverse team where you'll change the lives of more than 26 million customers through brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, and Scottish Widows.
The Capital & Controls Lab is passionate about making it easier and faster for the business to make excellent decisions - to help our customers and Britain recover. We're passionate about the power of data and are using the latest tools and technologies to drive real transformation. We do this through working collaboratively with our partners in the Risk Division, utilising agile delivery methods, technology, and design thinking to deliver innovate solutions that tackle key business problems.
About the role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a hardworking and inspiring Scrum Master to join the Capital & Controls team. We're a dynamic lab with agile working at the heart of everything we do. Based in our London hub, as a Scrum Master you'll be championing new ways of working as we shape our Bank of the Future.
- You'll operate collaboratively, be a change pioneer with a passion for working to help people and teams to deliver their best work.
- Facilitate and help the team to become self-organised and focused on delivering the outcome for the customer.
- You'll improve facilitation of change, using your understanding and application of agile methodologies, supporting the team in understanding agile theory, practices, rules, and values and translating it into practice.
Who you are?
Someone passionate about working with people. The role would suit a junior scrum master, who's keen to push themselves on to the next stage and open themselves up to new opportunities as part of a fast-paced environment.
What we're looking for
- Highly motivated collaborative individual, comfortable offering mentorship and leadership, both individually and at team/squad levels.
- An ability & curious nature to work and think beyond the immediate team to the wider Lab Digital transformation journey.
- Strong flexible, resilient facilitator, able to explain why? To overcome any resistance to change.
- Proven examples of influencing without having / using formal organisational hierarchy.
- Show practical knowledge of agile application frameworks and techniques of Scrum and Kanban, and knowledge of tools Jira and Confluence as well as other tools such as Cumulative flow diagrams and hold certifications such as SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
Additionally, you'll encourage and empower team members, be passionate about Agile principles and hardworking to embed them across the organisation and for mentoring people to embrace change; and hold a calm, confident, communication style - and humour goes a long way in our teams.
What you'll get from the role
You'll work with like-minded team members, and you'll also be able to grow your own capabilities by pursuing and investing in personal development opportunities. Maintaining and continuing to build on our agile working, and we'll offer you an opportunity to experience a dynamic, encouraging workplace putting their existing knowledge into practice and more importantly learning many new ones in the process.
What we'll give you in return:
Salary and Benefits package: £46,332 - £51,480 base salary, plus excellent benefits including a 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash), generous employer pension contribution up to 15%, 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, discretionary variable annual performance bonus and private medical health cover, share schemes and access to staff discounts!
Together we'll make a difference. At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing!
Sound like your ideal next workplace? If you have the right skills, we're after we'd love to hear from you.