Remote Audit Senior Manager, Financial Services Subsidiary, Open to flexible working & returners
Remote Audit Senior Manager, Financial Services Subsidiary and Group Audits, Audit and Assurance
Seeking a good work life balance? This isn’t your typical audit Senior Manager’s role. With opportunities which offer flexibility as to when and where you work, our award-winning flexible working culture could help you achieve the kind of work life balance you’re looking for. Furthermore, the role offers a distinct career pathway for progression beyond Senior Manager for those who have the desire, ambition and drive to make it happen.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them.
As part of a growing team of specialists that focus on the audits of the subsidiaries of some of our largest financial services clients, the role is technically challenging, highly rewarding and has great career prospects.
What’s unusual is that most of the work can be undertaken remotely. This means there is very little travel involved and it gives our people the option to choose their working pattern (whether this is full time, part time, more flexibility around working pattern or simply taking the Summer months off).
Our workflows are built around a collective portfolio structure which makes room for an outstanding working culture, and you’ll get to lead whole audits through from start to finish, across a wide and prestigious financial services client portfolio.
Join us and you’ll be joining a growing team of proud, highly motivated people who are successfully helping to deliver outstanding quality audit engagements on the subsidiaries of our largest clients.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an experienced qualified accountant, you will join our trusted team which works alongside and supports our client engagement teams who manage some of our large external group audits.
As a central resource, our remote team plays a hugely important role supporting the delivery of the audit of subsidiaries within these groups by providing an end to end audit solution.
But it's also our team’s ability to deliver efficient, reliable and cost-effective working practices that makes us really shine. And we'll make sure you do too. Thanks to the wealth of training and development opportunities available, we'll make sure your technical and soft skills keep you ahead of the game
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Effectively leading diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Managing and supporting our onshore and overseas audit teams to enable them to successfully execute and deliver high quality audit work
- Managing strong client relationships and key internal stakeholder relationships on a day to day basis
- Driving our continuous improvement in audit methodology and develop new ways of working through innovation and transformation
- Supporting the development and growth of the operating division. Playing a key role in the day to day running of the division.
- Providing added value for group engagement teams and the wider Audit practice, supporting them in delivering our distinctive client experience
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate. If you would like to hear more about the flexible working arrangements, please let us know
Location: Your home office will be remote
This is a permanent contract opportunity.
Work pattern: The role can be worked on a full time or part time basis.
Your professional experience
- Relevant CA/ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent);
- Experience as an external auditor with a sound understanding of risk management, with experience at senior manager level
- Experience of working in the Financial Services sector
- Knowledge of external auditing techniques (including risk assessment, audit scoping, devising audit approach, controls testing, substantive testing) and, ideally, experience of using data analytics and other IT assisted audit techniques
- Firm understanding of ethics, independence and client data security
- Highly motivated approach, with a proven ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to develop effective client relationships
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other stakeholders and team members
- Strong project management skills
- Capability to constructively challenge and demonstrate discretion
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- An eye for detail, effective interpersonal skills and a healthy professional scepticism
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application