Assistant Manager, WorldClimate Empowerment, Open to flexible working & returners
Assistant Manager, WorldClimate Empowerment, UK, Permanent, Regional
An exciting opportunity to be part of the WorldClimate Sustainability team to support our journey to net zero by 2030. This role will support the ‘Empowerment’ pillar of the WorldClimate strategy, for Deloitte UK and share learning with North South Europe (NSE). The principal areas covered are communications, campaign management, and climate champions.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements, which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
This role will support the ‘Empowerment pillar’ of the WorldClimate strategy, for Deloitte UK and share learning with NSE. The resource will project manage the empower individuals piece to engage our workforce across UK and create best practice for use across NSE, in pursuit of Deloitte’s WorldClimate objectives.
Communications & campaign management
- Create a communications strategy and detailed road map
- Engage C&I re: our climate positioning, advocacy, and public commitments
- Oversee employee engagement, incl. development of a Climate Champion network; management of comms platforms and relevant stakeholders; and fully engagement around ongoing NSE learning
- Develop and run WorldClimate campaigns focused on key sustainability and environmental topics to engage and educate our people
- Drive communications such as through writing and editing articles for newsletters, crafting leadership communications, developing posters for environmental noticeboards, presenting at internal workshops or planning events
- Promote local/ regional initiatives such as Low-Carbon Engagements or the use of video-conferencing. Monitor acceptance amongst colleagues and provide feedback to the team
- Be the point of contact between internal and external communications
- Support the development of a community of WorldClimate champions; advocates for environmental action across Deloitte and in society
- Chair local champion meetings and dial in to regional champion meetings to provide guidance/ help develop initiatives
- Generate engagement amongst champions network with ongoing impact initiatives including, but not limited to, volunteer opportunities
Build a relationship with (and meet once per quarter):
- Our WorldClimate Sponsor
Internal communications lead (usually sitting within Go To Market)
- CR lead champion
- Develop strong working relationships across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and represent the team in interactions
- Work collaboratively and effectively with member firm teams and Deloitte Global professionals across our global territories, including departmental leads
- Support NSE WorldClimate Director to deliver board and exec coaching to build confidence and capabilities to create awareness and support for WorldClimate
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Background in communications, relationship building, branding, operations and/or program/project delivery.
- Awareness and interest of sustainability
- An understanding of corporate sustainability and responsible business drivers, levers, risks and opportunities, or a demonstrated ability to learn
- Ability to bring together a range of stakeholders to deliver complex programmes across a large and diverse organization
- Energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, persuasive and proactive attitude with strong influencing skills
- Strong ability to engage and influence stakeholders
- Strategic and critical thinking capability – with a view to being able to connect the dots, spot and shape opportunities and think ahead
- Strong communications skills – excellent writing and editing skills with confident presentation skills
- Strong project management, time management, and organisational skills
- Strong research and analytical skills – confidence in providing insights and recommendations
- Actively scan the external environment for news, trends, opportunities, and risks – maintain an ongoing understanding of Deloitte’s marketplace positioning to inform decision making
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – particularly on PowerPoint, Excel – with the ability to create high quality and impactful deliverables
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application