PMO Finance & Reporting Analyst, CBS, Enabling Functions, Open to flexible working & returners
CBS is an internal facing department, delivering a wide range of business enabling technology projects, products and programmes to Deloitte partners and staff located in the UK and Switzerland.
The purpose of the Project Delivery function is to transform a business request into a fully supported technical reality accepted by the operational teams and the business requestor as being fit for purpose. This is to be achieved to an agreed quality, budget and timescale. A further objective is to provide strong change and technology leadership across the enterprise. In achieving this they need to be regarded not only as consistent but as efficient, dynamic and responsive. The Finance & Reporting Analyst has a key part to play in ensuring that the CIO and Senior Leadership Team are equipped with accurate financial and project status information in order that they can make informed decisions about the delivery of the project portfolio.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Reporting via the UK Head of Portfolio Management Office to the Director of Business Services, the Finance & Reporting Analyst is responsible for the following key activities:
- Finance Activities & Reporting
- Raising Interfirm invoices
- Cross Geography re-charging
- Supporting the raising of Managed Service Purchase Order
- Supporting Delivery Teams with financial activities, including tracking of product spend and recharges
- Reviewing charges to Managed Services and Delivery Teams and validating them
- Creation of bespoke financial reports in ServiceNow to track estimates, actuals and committed costs
- Production of the weekly and monthly finance schedules and dashboards
- Presentation of project cost variances on a monthly basis
- Tracking monthly recharging of business funded projects
- Updating projects with monthly actuals
- ServiceNow financial training and inductions for new joiners
- Creation of supplier dashboard reports (e.g. cost per supplier per month/year, PO lead times, average invoice landing time) to improve project forecasting
- Cost Centre and Rate Card administration
To support accurate financial reporting the Finance & Reporting Analyst will also be responsible for:
- Portfolio Review Board support - production of resource and finance related metrics for the monthly Board pack
- Supporting resource reporting and capacity modelling - including setting up of new users and de-activating historic ones in ServiceNow
- Weekly timesheet reminder emails
- Production of a ‘Missing Timesheet’ report and liaison with Delivery teams to ensure accurate and more timely completion
- Logging of project delivery contractor furlough dates for reporting purposes
- Reviewing of contractor end dates across ITS and update of ServiceNow, to ensure accurate capacity reporting
- Supporting the project set-up and closure process, including Swift code administration and updating ServiceNow, Teams and key PMO control documents
- Creation of new ServiceNow finance and resource management reports and dashboards as and when they are requested for other members of the PMO and senior management
- Deputise for PMO team members in the event of their absence
Alongside other PMO team members, the Finance & Reporting Analyst will also be jointly responsible for the following activities:
- Provision of support to the PMO, PM user community and Product Managers
- Ongoing ServiceNow and project financial framework user support and training
- Implementing and supporting continuous service improvements to the project management community
- Update of templates and processes for our demand and delivery life cycle as a result of continuous service improvement reviews
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
The Finance & Reporting Analyst should have significant experience working in a PMO or Finance Team. Experience of using ServiceNow ITBM an as enterprise project and resource management tool is highly beneficial for this role, although experience of using other project management tools would also be of value. Experience of using Ariba and Swift would also be beneficial to this role.
Education and Qualifications
- P3O qualification – desirable
- Advanced level use of Excel and SQL Reporting
- Intermediate level use of MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Word and SharePoint
- Excellent attention to detail; fast accurate work
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to be proactive and work alone as well as part of a larger team
- Must be very well organised and be able to respond to changing priorities
- Knowledge of project delivery processes
- Analytical and flexible
- Ability to synthesise and visualise complex data
- Technically minded
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application