Audit & Assurance, Resource Scheduler, Private Audit, 12 month FTC, Open to flexible working
Resource Management (RM) is a business critical function at Deloitte. It ensures that we have the right people, with the right skills, in the right locations, available at the right time. As a member of the RM team you will support the business unit leadership and practitioners, playing a crucial role in the implementation and delivery of RM services to provide operational excellence whilst supporting delivery of the business talent strategy. The role is people-focused and is founded on establishing effective working relationships with all key stakeholders as well as holding, or being keen to develop, a good understanding of Management Information.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
As a Resource Scheduler you will support the RM team in facilitating the effective deployment of practitioners across the business unit's client portfolio, their training and college. You will achieve this by working closely with practitioners, engagement teams and your Resource Management colleagues as we look to fully understand the changing requirements of the business and manage the utilisation and development of both onshore and offshore resources accordingly. The role is people-focused and founded on establishing effective working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Be an integral member of the Resource Management team to ensure that Deloitte clients are provided with the best teams of people, combining industry experience with technical knowledge to ensure maximum commercial advantage
- Ensure that practitioners are appropriately matched to jobs which are challenging and developmental
- Ensure accuracy of practitioner schedules and the timely escalation of potential conflicts and issues
- Ownership of key processes across the team in support of Engagement Planning, Talent Management, New Joiner & Leaver Processes, MI & Reporting, Learning & Professional Education, Team & Personal Development
- Provision of regular management information, analysis and advice in areas such as staff availability, utilisation, revenue and forecasting accuracy
- Liaise, influence and challenge effectively to resolve issues and build relationships at all levels with multiple stakeholders
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London, but this role provides opportunity for travel in the UK
Work pattern: The role is full-time, Fixed term contract - 12 month
Your professional experience
- Professional work experience (of which some should have been gained in a medium to large sized organisation)
- Computer literate - in particular a strong working knowledge of Windows and Excel
- Confident and skilled verbal and written communicator - ability to cultivate trusted advisor working relationships with practitioners, business unit team members and the wider resource management function
- Ability to interact effectively with empathy, impact and discretion
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to plan, priorit'se, multi task and manage a significant workload under pressure with excellent attention to detail
- Team player who uses initiative and takes ownership
- Portrays a professional, customer orientated image of resource management
- Proactive and willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to gain immediate credibility with junior staff and the trust of all staff and key stakeholders
- Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the Business Unit and wider Audit practice
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application