Resource Assistant Manager, Resource Management, Consulting, Open to flexible working & returners
Resource Management (RM) is a crucial function within Consulting at Deloitte. Sitting at the core of our business the RM team matches our talented people with the most appropriate client projects. Your role will be to support the Junior Talent RM Team to find suitable roles for our Analyst level staff (College & University graduates)
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The aim of the RM team is to maximise utilisation and drive profitability by efficiently managing practitioner time. This is achieved by developing a deep understanding of the practitioner team, and by using sound industry and technical knowledge, suggesting matches between individuals and sold or proposed client engagements, to ensure maximum commercial advantage.
We are a relationship and knowledge focussed team, valued for the time we take to understand the range of client project opportunities and understand our people, their unique skills, development needs, and ambitions. We work as a diverse team within an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Our client facing teams serve as trusted advisors to our high profile portfolio of clients, partnering with them to deliver significant technological transformation projects and help them realise their strategic goals. They are dynamic, demanding, entrepreneurial and great fun. We are looking for someone who will match their levels of energy, dedication, and professionalism, who can be flexible and creative in their approach, who will deliver this role with integrity and emotional intelligence to join our diverse team and this fast-paced area of the Deloitte Consulting business.
We work flexibly to ensure we closely align ourselves to the business and their requirements. You will be supported by the RMBP for Junior Talent as well as the overall head of RM for Consulting. The Consulting business is large, complex and fast paced and the demands on the RM team can change hour by hour. As the country’s leading consulting firm, we are involved in multiple high profile client engagements and you may be required to travel to client site to visit teams based inside and outside of London.
- Working within the Junior Talent RM team you will be supporting the RMs within the team with detailed resource requirements from the business
- Ensuring that all requests for resource for sold and nearly sold roles go through the RM system; STAFFIT and tracking each request through to confirmation stage.
- Using the STAFFIT system prepare regular management reports on availability and forecast utilisation and availability.
- Liaise with HR and HR Helpdesk teams to ensure accuracy of people data
- You will work with the RMBP to monitor the accuracy of the data in STAFFIT and support with investigating any errors or incorrect forecasting.
- Develop a rapport with Analysts to understand their development needs and work to balance these with the needs of the business whilst ensuring all open opportunities are resourced effectively.
- When deploying Analysts on assignments (which may be client work, internal projects and/or proposals), ensure all stakeholders in the process are up to speed with events and that practitioners have maximum visibility of available roles.
- Match practitioners to challenging and fulfilling roles; identifying their transferable skillsets and where they can bring value to a new team even when they don’t consider themselves to be the 'perfect fit'.
- Provide a level of flexibility and agility in the staffing model to respond to new / unplanned client requests as work is won; understand the commercial drivers and be willing to prioritise and re-prioritise to make sure all needs are met.
- Be aware of potential future projects for your Analysts - including assignment extensions and bids for new client work; leveraging the Deloitte CRM system as needed.
- Use your knowledge of the Analysts skills to support sales activities & other go to market activities.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional travel within the UK.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time – the role allows for a significant amount of working from home – this is particularly the case at the current time. Moving forwards we envisage a balance of home and office work that works best for the business and for you.
Your professional experience
- Previous experience of Resource Management, especially within a consulting business would be highly desirable but is not essential
- Experience and understanding of Consulting preferred
- Experienced candidates with a background in recruitment / relationship management within the consulting / professional services space may also be considered
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail – this is essential for the role of an RM
- A willingness to get in the detail of what is going on in your team, but also to see the wider picture
- Hands on approach with ability to juggle several tasks at once
- Demonstrate an ability to work on detail and identify discrepancies in short timescales
- Computer literate with strong working knowledge of Windows applications, especially Excel
- Numerate and well organised
- A diligent and conscientious approach to carrying out work is essential
- Proactive and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outgoing personality with a positive outlook and a strong team-working bias
- An ability to understand different working styles, approaches and audiences. In response adapting correspondence, conversations and tactics accordingly
- Tenacious, resilient and willing. Some tasks/meetings may require work outside of standard hours but weekend working is not expected
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application