Senior Consultant, S/4HANA Tax, Tax Management, Consulting, Open to flexible working & returners
The tax landscape is undergoing significant change; with changes to tax legislation, increased media focus and scrutiny, technology advancements, and the increasingly global reach of clients, all coming together to shape an exciting and challenging future in the market for tax services.
Deloitte's Tax Management Consulting Team (TMC) has a market leading reputation; bringing together a unique blend of consulting, technology, tax technical and tax reporting experience to help businesses meet the challenges of multi-jurisdictional tax operations, including compliance, reporting, tax technology and tax risk management.
Within TMC, sits our S/4HANA Tax Value Proposition, with a fast growing team and a super-growth ambition. We will undertake an unprecedented wave of S/4HANA implementations over the next few years and these will need specialist SAP Tax knowledge and solution design capabilities. This proposition is uniquely positioned to be a key differentiator for the firm-wide SAP-enabled business transformation practice across UK and Europe. As a Tax-focussed S/4HANA consultant, you will have plenty of opportunities to work on large-scale S/4HANA Tax advisory projects as part of complex business transformations. You'll work with a wide range of colleagues and clients, exposing you to cutting edge tax technology work in a strategic, commercial and business context. You will find opportunities to apply an impressive range of broad consulting and functional skills that will enhance your career.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are looking for innovative Tax professionals that are looking to broaden their careers by learning tax technology, process and data. As you build your career with us to become an innovative SAP Tax Solution Architect you will be helping our clients to design, develop and implement systems architecture that best meets their business needs, in the rapidly changing tax and legal landscape.
Your role will entail gathering requirements (both tax/ legal and business), analysing supply-chains and business processes to assess the required functional specifications, evaluating the current systems landscape and proposed future state in order to identify gaps and improvement areas. You will be working alongside an experienced and growing team, in what is a once in lifetime opportunity to support our clients in ensuring that they have the right data, business processes and systems set-up for the future.
- Analysing the client's tax and business requirements to build the optimal SAP Tax design and/ or supplement with the right mix of alternative tax technology solutions
- Assessing the key tax touchpoints across the end-to-end business processes for their clients' particular needs
- Overseeing the project delivery team in designing, building and integrating tax requirements and processes into SAP systems architecture (or wider tax technology solutions) to meet clients' requirements
- Assessing the business impact of technical choices made
- Ensuring that the project team is capturing and logging risks/ issues on the project as and when they arise
- Developing/ maintaining good working relationships with key client and internal stakeholders and keep them informed of challenges/ risks/ issues with technical solutions being implemented
- Responding to requests for proposals from prospective clients
- Maintaining process documentation while continually improving internal and client processes
- Ensuring compliance with risk management and engagement acceptance in accordance with the Deloitte risk management protocols
- Providing regular updates to the project team on how the project is running against projected scope, timeframes and budget etc.
- Managing and working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas (subject to the projects that you are working on).
Work pattern: Full-time position (other flexible working arrangements can be discussed on individual basis)
Your professional experience
- Strong record of undertaking tax compliance and/ or tax advisory work
- Previous tax process, technology and/or data experience (beneficial, but not required)
- Experience of working in teams and managing/ delegating work to junior team members
- Previous project management and delivery experience
- Efficient communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong organisation and leadership skills
- Strong desire to learn new skills and technology
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft excel and word with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Experience working with a variety of people within a dynamic, fast changing environment as part of a multi-functional team/project
- Excellent project management skills, able to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy in work and attention to detail
Your service line: Tax Consulting
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And You'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application